In Detail: When is a model/property release needed for commercial/editorial

Hello,

Maybe this has been asked before but I'm researching now for hours and can't find an answer, so hopefully someone can point me to a good article or describe it with some rules to follow.

The basics are clear but I still struggle for some pictures where it is not "exactly" clear if a property or model release is needed to sell it for commercial (maybe also for editorial).

Here a few examples:

a) Picture of a street, no person is really dominant in the picture but it is possible to identify the person (let's say you see more then 50% of the face)

b) same situation as a) in the backround there is a car which could be identified as an BMW, Mercedes, etc. would I need a property release (I understand that property can also be a logo, brand/trademark, etc)

c) Picture of a building (temple, church, tower, castle,...) from the streedt can be always used for editorial and for commercial if it is not protected by some other rules, correct?

d) If I leave the street and enter a ground which is still open to the public (say there is no gate no entry fee, etc) can I still sell for editorial and commercial?

e) If I enter a location where there is a gate/entry fee (park, castle, ...) can I sell for editorial without a propery release? 

f) Reading Alamy resources I got the following impression:  I can offer a picture as editorial & commercial and if I state that I do NOT have a model/property release the customer can decide if he takes the picture or not (since there are different rules in different countries), so decision and risk are at the customer side, is this true?

I hope someone can give some guidance with a few simple rules to follow. 

Thx,

Andreas.