Alamy uploading portrait photos as landscape photos?

9 minutes ago, Matt Glaves said:

Hello there, hope you're all well and winning.

I'm hoping someone can help me out. Every time I upload a portrait photo, Alamy uploads it as a landscape. Is there a way round this?

Huge thanks in advance,

Matt.

Matt, which of your 7 images is meant to be portrait?

DD                                                                                        

I had that problem a few years ago when trying to upload images from an Olympus E-PL1 and E-PL3 (my E-5 uploaded fine).

A workaround I found was to load the same image into Photoshop and re-save it, then it would upload correctly - but it was a bit of a pain - so I contacted Contributor Relations who passed it onto their IT team. They came back saying they were aware of the issue, but not to worry as it would have the correct orientation once the upload was finished.

You could try one and see what happens, or contact CR with your camera make & model, who will feed the issue back to their IT department.

8 minutes ago, James Bell said:

I had that problem a few years ago when trying to upload images from an Olympus E-PL1 and E-PL3 (my E-5 uploaded fine).

A workaround I found was to load the same image into Photoshop and re-save it, then it would upload correctly - but it was a bit of a pain - so I contacted Contributor Relations who passed it onto their IT team. They came back saying they were aware of the issue, but not to worry as it would have the correct orientation once the upload was finished.

You could try one and see what happens, or contact CR with your camera make & model, who will feed the issue back to their IT department.

That's brilliant James, thank you so much for getting back me.

I thought I was being a fool and there was an obvious button or action I'd missed.

Much appreciated.

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, Matt Glaves said:

Hello there, hope you're all well and winning.

I'm hoping someone can help me out. Every time I upload a portrait photo, Alamy uploads it as a landscape. Is there a way round this?

Huge thanks in advance,

Matt.

Update:

Due to the help I received, it turns out that once 'finish upload' is clicked, the images change to correct orientation.

Huge thanks once again for the help.

Matt.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1