Uploader not working for anyone else suddenly?

CarolAnn

Question

Hi, all, I'm new to Alamy as of the past week, and have navigated uploading, have gotten my pics approved, and have a few on sale. I went to add to my portfolio on my dashboard last night (and again this morning)...and the progress "circle" just keeps spinning , and spinning....no progress. I thought it was maybe due to my upload speed and did a speed test - nope. No internet problems here.

Anyone having this problem? Thanks for the help!

5 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I've just tried to upload 16 images via FTP and the uploader and neither have worked.

Anybody else having problems?

John.

Yes, I've tried to file a few weather news pics about half an hour ago, and they're stuck, too. Looks like very few image sets are coming through to the feed, so may be a technical prob on their side?

...Ah, while I was typing, they went through. Must have been a tech glitch. All sorted now I hope on your pics, too?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, imageplotter said:

Yes, I've tried to file a few weather news pics about half an hour ago, and they're stuck, too. Looks like very few image sets are coming through to the feed, so may be a technical prob on their side?

...Ah, while I was typing, they went through. Must have been a tech glitch. All sorted now I hope on your pics, too?

Yes, one lot all images have uploaded and 9 out of 16 from the second upload. 

I'll have to delete the second batch tomorrow before I put them on sale.

John.

On 23/11/2020 at 19:52, Stokie said:

Yes, one lot all images have uploaded and 9 out of 16 from the second upload. 

I'll have to delete the second batch tomorrow before I put them on sale.

John.

It does seem to have occasional glitches where one or a few images in a batch are duplicated during the upload, especially when the batch is somehow split during the process. (despite only uploading one batch from my side)

15 minutes ago, imageplotter said:

It does seem to have occasional glitches where one or a few images in a batch are duplicated during the upload, especially when the batch is somehow split during the process. (despite only uploading one batch from my side)

I had actually uploaded 2 batches - one via FTP and the other via the Alamy uploader.

I usually use FTP, but when they didn't appear after 30 minutes I sent them again using the Alamy uploader.

Eventually the FTP batch all arrived but only 9 from the Alamy uploader.

I deleted the extra 9 the next morning before they went on sale.

John. 

• Like 1