Can anyone please advise FTP upload client to use in the field to upload Live Newsfeed pictures to Alamy from an Android device the Samsung Galaxy Wi fi 3G Camera...Operating system  Android 4.1 (Jellybean)..Looks like an amazing bit of kit if I can get it to work with Alamy or any other media desks.

The normal Alamy uploader works great from home base Microsoft Win 8 computer via Lightroom for captioning etc, faithful Nikon D300, c/f card. Any information or advice about uploading from Android device would be appreciated even if it is to advise I am wasting my time. Many Thanks..Kind Regards..David

Have you got the FTP details from Alamy for Live News? They wouldn't give them to me because I don't upload enough and as you only have 286 images against your name then I would assume you would be in the same boat as me.

In that case you will need to use the Flash uploader which doesn't work on Android.

Hi Alex...Just about all my Alamy images so far have been uploaded via Live newsfeed from home computer on the Alamy newsfeed uploader. I have been covering the

Balcombe anti fracking protests however not being able to upload from the field has lost valuable time and possibly sales in some instances. I know an alternative option is

to use a wi fi laptop in the field but that is bulky fragile and time consuming in comparison to a camera computer combined like the Samsung Galaxy. Most field work will go to

stock, Police at work etc but from time to time something kicks off or a celeb turns up and you need it sent right away...Kind Regards..David

Archived