percentages, Alamy's take

dbimages

I won't be able to continue contributing my time, effort, skills and photography to Alamy if you decrease the percentage of each sale that I get. It gets more expensive each year to continue contributing and over the years, Alamy has taken an increasing amount of each sale. I understand that you need to run your business, but understand that I simply can't afford it if you decide to take a yet larger percentage. Not a threat..  a reality.

thanks! alamy also let me know.. and yes, all my images are only available on Alamy, and now the “only available on Alamy” button is selected for all of my images.. I didn’t know it mattered to the commission structure!

1 hour ago, dbimages said:

thanks! alamy also let me know.. and yes, all my images are only available on Alamy, and now the “only available on Alamy” button is selected for all of my images.. I didn’t know it mattered to the commission structure!

There are some exceptions -- e.g. images of "artwork" can't be made exclusive as well images in the public domain.

Archived