360 Cities/Alamy Partnership (dupe images)

I have photos at 360Citites.com and at Alamy. Curious to see how this partnership goes, and in particular wondering what this means for those of us who have photos at both sites. 

Here's the announcement at 360Cities:

I already had uploaded a few 360 photos to Alamy months ago, though they weren't interactive on Alamy before now. Now the same image is on Alamy via 360Cities.net, presented interactively. I guess I should delete the original upload? There will be more duplicates for me...

Original Pasadena City Hall 360 upload.HRRJN2

Same image, via 360Cities.net (interactive).  PN8EBA

33 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Do you earn a higher percentage directly via Alamy? If so, why would  you delete them?

Not sure about the royalties yet; presumably I would get a cut from 360Cities and Alamy for my 360s that Alamy sells via 360Cities. 

The reasons for deleting the old ones: 1) they don't show as interactive 360s at this time, and 2) I assume it's not a good idea to have dupe images on Alamy?

5 minutes ago, Newberry said:

Not sure about the royalties yet; presumably I would get a cut from 360Cities and Alamy for my 360s that Alamy sells via 360Cities.

That's not normally how it works.

Usually Alamy gets its share, then the intermediary gets its share, then you get your share.

But I have no specifics on this deal. I'd have hoped you'd have got the info, though!

There are many cases in which someone has a photo on Alamy, then Alamy takes on pics from another source the contributor uses. It's unfortunate for search and buyers, but Alamy must know this happens.

5 minutes ago, Newberry said:

Yeah, looking forward to getting more info...it's a bit confusing to me right now...

In addition, it could be argued that a non-interactive file isn't the same as an interactive one.

Maybe (?) Alamy will introduce a filter that people can choose, or unchoose, interactive files.

12 hours ago, Newberry said:

I have photos at 360Citites.com and at Alamy. Curious to see how this partnership goes, and in particular wondering what this means for those of us who have photos at both sites. 

Here's the announcement at 360Cities:

I already had uploaded a few 360 photos to Alamy months ago, though they weren't interactive on Alamy before now. Now the same image is on Alamy via 360Cities.net, presented interactively. I guess I should delete the original upload? There will be more duplicates for me...

Original Pasadena City Hall 360 upload.  HRRJN2

Same image, via 360Cities.net (interactive).  PN8EBA

none of them is interactive for me. I am using Firefox.

3 hours ago, Dani Como said:

They are different from these, infact the prices here are higher:
https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/3142072.html

Yeah, one of my links was wrong; I do have photos in that group:

https://www.alamy.com/360-degree-panoramic-view-of-pasadena-city-hall-california-image219619102.html

Prices start at $399; $19 with the same image I had uploaded earlier. Guess I'll definitely be taking down the older images. 

On 08/11/2018 at 16:48, Newberry said:

https://www.alamy.com/360-degree-panoramic-view-of-pasadena-city-hall-california-image219619102.html

Prices start at $399; $19 with the same image I had uploaded earlier. Guess I'll definitely be taking down the older images. 

Might make sense, might lose sales to those not needing the interactivity, who will never pay $399.

20 hours ago, Newberry said:

Now it looks really good, greetings!
Do You usually use a fish-eye lens? I've only got a 16mm on FF..

3 hours ago, Dani Como said:

Now it looks really good, greetings!
Do You usually use a fish-eye lens? I've only got a 16mm on FF..

I use a Canon 8-15mm at 12mm. 16 would work but much easier to shoot with wider lens. With my setup, I only need to shoot 4 shots around, and then I have a small nadir hole at bottom I need to patch. With 16mm you would need 5 or 6 images around, plus one tilted up I think. 

• 4 months later...

Archived