Does the stuff in the right column about Alamy pic needs mean what it seems to?

If the middle of the tweet says fremantle, does that mean that I should take hundreds of pictures of fremantle?

If that is the case, it could be very helpful indeed.

On 21/08/2018 at 01:09, yanmac said:

Does the stuff in the right column about Alamy pic needs mean what it seems to?

If the middle of the tweet says fremantle, does that mean that I should take hundreds of pictures of fremantle?

If that is the case, it could be very helpful indeed.

The picture needs are trawled from searches (see 'Alamy measures') which have pulled up 0 or very few images. In general, that might mean it could be worthwhile taking images of that subject if it's easy/cheap for you to do so; after all, if it's an obscure subject, it may never be searched on again, and you have no idea whether it would be a high value sale or one netting you 99c  66c.

In the case of Fremantle, there are 4,707 pics in the search I just did. I have no idea why that would show up as a pic need. You'd need to look through what's available and see what you could improve upon, or what from Fremantle is missing from the search. But only if you live near.

You could also look at the last year on Alamy Measures - all of Alamy - for Fremantle and % Fremantle to see what's under-represented.

Or it may be that the searcher was looking for any of these other meanings of Fremantle (from Wikipedia):

Archived