Relation between Property Releases & RM

Regarding Property release & Model release, as I read in Alamy instructions if you couldn't provide these, then you can only sell the photo as RM only.

As I understand it a the property/model release is like permission to use your photo commercially if it contains a building or people in it, but how an RM covers that while it is only about limited use of the photo & the photo can still be used commercially by end user?

Regarding Property release & Model release, as I read in Alamy instructions if you couldn't provide these, then you can only sell the photo as RM only.

As I understand it a the property/model release is like permission to use your photo commercially if it contains a building or people in it, but how an RM covers that while it is only about limited use of the photo & the photo can still be used commercially by end user?

Your question reads a bit muddled to me, but I try my best to decipher ;)

1) RM doesn't "cover" that, but RM is easier to implement restrictions on i.e. limit an image to editorial use only. However, RF Editorial is on the horizon. Alamy, at this point, only allows images with property/people without releases to be added as RM. One could choose to add restrictions for "editorial use" only, but some feel that indicating the correct info regarding the existence of releases and the burden really falls on the end user as they are in control of actual usage. For example the licensee might choose to Photoshop the image to such a degree where releases are no longer needed for commercial use.

2) You can not control the end user. There instances of infringements i.e. unlicensed usages and usages outside the scope of the purchased license.

Archived