No, not as far as Alamy are concerned. You  should avoid mixing licenses though. That is to say don't sell an image RM with one agency and offer it RF elsewhere. And of course if you offer images at premium prices with one agency and at microstock prices elsewhere you are undercutting yourself.

Also watch out for agencies that distribute through Alamy or you could find your own images competing with themselves at Alamy.

Images we have for sale on Alamy are we restricted on using the images . eg for competitions or selling through other agencies etc

Presumably you've looked at the Terms and Conditions that govern competitions and contests very carefully.  I find some of them very expansive, and believe they may compromise the commercial value of your image.

Regards

Lionel

Lionel's point about checking out terms of photography competitions is Major, especially since, in order simply to enter, one might have to grant the organization running the contest a free perpetual license to use the image.

(I suspect/hope fewer would enter such contests if they really focused on the conditions.)

- Ann

Images we have for sale on Alamy are we restricted on using the images . eg for competitions or selling through other agencies etc

Presumably you've looked at the Terms and Conditions that govern competitions and contests very carefully.  I find some of them very expansive, and believe they may compromise the commercial value of your image.

Regards

Lionel

Archived