Anyone used this Canon RF 100 to 500mm zoom Lens

Alexander Hogg

Question

Has anyone got any experience of using this lens Canon RF 100 to 500mm zoom Lens for the Mirrorless Camera 

Any advice will be useful as I'm thinking about buying one Have had a little look online 

Edited by Alexander Hogg
Extra info

2 answers to this question

On 12/04/2024 at 03:55, Alexander Hogg said:

Has anyone got any experience of using this lens Canon RF 100 to 500mm zoom Lens for the Mirrorless Camera 

Any advice will be useful as I'm thinking about buying one Have had a little look online 

Hi Alexander, yes I've used one when i owned the Canon R5..It's a very sharp lens and of course the reach is excellent when you need it..Yes it is one of Canon's big white lenses and i liked it..I am now using Olympus M43 in the OM-1 Mirrorless and the quality of the 20mb files is more than suitable for a more compact camera system...I used to use the Olympus OM-1 / 2 / 3 / 4 film cameras...a long time ago 😀 

OK Canon full frame cameras and RF or EF lenses are great..if you need the reach and versatility of a long range zoom...then thumbs up to the RF 100-500.
I see you were down under recently and the images look great..I hope you enjoyed the trip..Cheers William

• Like 1

2 hours ago, William Caram said:

Hi Alexander, yes I've used one when i owned the Canon R5..It's a very sharp lens and of course the reach is excellent when you need it..Yes it is one of Canon's big white lenses and i liked it..I am now using Olympus M43 in the OM-1 Mirrorless and the quality of the 20mb files is more than suitable for a more compact camera system...I used to use the Olympus OM-1 / 2 / 3 / 4 film cameras...a long time ago 😀 

OK Canon full frame cameras and RF or EF lenses are great..if you need the reach and versatility of a long range zoom...then thumbs up to the RF 100-500.
I see you were down under recently and the images look great..I hope you enjoyed the trip..Cheers William

Thanks for the info I really enjoyed the trip to Australia and had a fantastic time I have friends in Northern Sydney so went and spent a day with them 

• Like 1