Jump to content

Can you identify this object?


Recommended Posts


This appears to be some kind of stamping device for paper or fabric  (theres an array of up to 16 tiny pins in a square )

Reverse image search produces embossing, hole punches and franking devices, but its none of them. 

I wonder if its something to mark legal documents with a pattern of holes that would be hard to replicate?


Does anybody have any thoughts/knowledge?













Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sooth said:

The device "perforator" is described here on pp.19-20




The device produces "perfins"

or perforated initials/insignia



Basically a security device


Thanks Sooth, thats useful



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.