Posting a POTM from Alamy to Instagram

Carol

Question

Hi all. Is there an easy way to post a POTM from Alamy to Instagram? I see there's an old forum question about steps for posting into Twitter, but with Instagram you can't paste. It's either upload from computer or drag in. I don't mind manually adding tags and ID number, but if anyone has a quick way to get the image moved I'd love to know. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

I use buffer which lets you upload photos from the web to Instagram & various other social media accounts. The free version lets you upload to three social media accounts.

There are two things that limit its effectiveness on Instagram compared to other sites:

• Viewers can't click on the photo and get to the actual photo's URL as they can with twitter, etc. unless you have a ton of followers - I don't know the number but I'm not there). That's an Instagram limitation, not buffer.
  • The other glitch is that sometimes buffer informs you that the shape of the photo is outside Instagram's parameters - it's weird because the photo doesn't need to be square for it to work - so I'm not really sure why occasionally I'll get a message that it's outside the parameters and when the scheduled time for upload comes I get another message that I have to upload it myself. Which makes it pretty useless - but only for certain photos. 

So that's the solution that I'm aware of, but as noted, it has its limits.  But If you just want an easy way to use online images instead of uploading your own files, it's a good solution. 

On 06/08/2023 at 15:57, Marianne said:

I use buffer which lets you upload photos from the web to Instagram & various other social media accounts. The free version lets you upload to three social media accounts.

There are two things that limit its effectiveness on Instagram compared to other sites:

• Viewers can't click on the photo and get to the actual photo's URL as they can with twitter, etc. unless you have a ton of followers - I don't know the number but I'm not there). That's an Instagram limitation, not buffer.
  • The other glitch is that sometimes buffer informs you that the shape of the photo is outside Instagram's parameters - it's weird because the photo doesn't need to be square for it to work - so I'm not really sure why occasionally I'll get a message that it's outside the parameters and when the scheduled time for upload comes I get another message that I have to upload it myself. Which makes it pretty useless - but only for certain photos. 

So that's the solution that I'm aware of, but as noted, it has its limits.  But If you just want an easy way to use online images instead of uploading your own files, it's a good solution.