Inherited my father's old slides & negatives - Questions about usage.

ABC

Question

Hello! My mother recently gave me all of my father's slides and negatives and I was wondering if that is something that Alamy would be interested in. His work is beautiful and could have historical value ? He went to the Citadel in the 1940's and there are a lot of images of the cadets and army life.

If so, is there a certain way to submit these type of images? Or do I just do them like my normal submissions? & do I need to do anything special because I did not take the images, my father, who is deceased, is the creator. 

Lastly, does anyone have a good suggestion for a scanner for film and slides that will create high resolution images? 

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions. 

2 hours ago, marc said:

I have a Sony 90mm macro lens used with full frame Sony A7 series.  Would the  Valoi system work with this lens?

If you have a look at the Indiegogo page above you’ll see that they list some of the more common lenses used for slide scanning including your 90mm. It will need the extra ‘long tube’ set. I see they are up to 96% with 12 days to go. 

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

If you have a look at the Indiegogo page above you’ll see that they list some of the more common lenses used for slide scanning including your 90mm. It will need the extra ‘long tube’ set. I see they are up to 96% with 12 days to go. 

Thanks for the information.