Recent problem signing in to forum...

StokeCreative

Question

Hi all

The last 2 days the forum won't accept my log in credentials, at least on Chrome. I'm posting this from Firefox which looks like it will work. I'm on OSX and this has happened on laptop and desktop which points to an issue with Chrome? Anybody else experienced this?

Cheers

Hugh

Edited by StokeCreative

2 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, StokeCreative said:

I've solved it, and this is weird. My password in Chrome had somehow changed to "abcdefgh" (now changed!) It's not something I would ever use, or type, or enter by mistake. I'll still call it user error though!

7 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

I've solved it, and this is weird. My password in Chrome had somehow changed to "abcdefgh" (now changed!) It's not something I would ever use, or type, or enter by mistake. I'll still call it user error though!

A couple of weeks ago, I had the site asking me if I wanted to accept my password or something like that.   When I clicked to reveal the "new" password,it was "abcdefgh," as with you.   My suspicion was that it was an attempted hack, that people would be careless and accept the change without looking at what those stars were representing.   Don't let the webpage touch your password without seeing if it is your password.  Also, helps not to save your password in the browser, too.  If your computer is stolen, the thief has access to your Alamy account.  We're also trusting that the company who runs the forum has really vetted their employees.

Ideally, the forum should have a different password than Alamy after we do the initial proof of being an Alamy contributor. 

Edited by Rebecca Ore
More info
  • Love 1