Insert image from URL

Gallery5

Question

My images on the disk. I'm trying to post pictures to the forum. How Insert image from URL?I don't understand.  It's strange why this path is chosen, not drag and drop for example. Thanks for the tips...

Edited by Gallery5

3 answers to this question

Hi Steve, thanks for your help. However, my ordeal continues. I tried many options: I entered links, codes, files, photos - no result, the input area turns pink. On your advice, I made a link https://naum-chayer. imgbb.com/ with my 3 photos and entered it, the result is the same... Could it be a problem with the computer?
I sent a question to Alamy  this is what they replied:

You should be able to choose a file to add to your post and be able to add an image into this: drag file here to attach or choose files...

3 minutes ago, Gallery5 said:

Hi Steve, thanks for your help. However, my ordeal continues. I tried many options: I entered links, codes, files, photos - no result, the input area turns pink. On your advice, I made a link https://naum-chayer. imgbb.com/ with my 3 photos and entered it, the result is the same... Could it be a problem with the computer?
I sent a question to Alamy  this is what they replied:

You should be able to choose a file to add to your post and be able to add an image into this: drag file here to attach or choose files...

Hey Naum,

Just to clarify, Alamy's advice is probably relating to photos that are uploaded on the main Alamy website and that are on sale.

On a windows machine using Firefox, you can select an image on an Alamy page, hold the 'shift' key on your keyboard, and then right click on the image and select 'copy image link'.

In Chrome, you may be able to drag into a Forum post - didn't work for me. In Chrome, I had to double right click on an Alamy image, click on 'view page source'. Then go down to about line 285 and you want to copy the image source inbetween the speech marks "" that starts with:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/

On a mac, drag and drop works apparently.

It should be easy with imgbb - you need to select the image, click on the embed codes symbol near the bottom of the selected image, click on the dropdown near the bottom and select 'direct link', then copy.

On the Forum, when you write a post, you can then select the option at the bottom right 'insert image from URL'. Paste your link and you're good to go.

Steve