File sizes uploaded

Safraaz Suliman

Question

Apologies I am new to this forum.I would like to have some clarity on the image upload size.

I have images that exceed the 17mb size in raw format.

Once I have saved to jpeg through photoshop or lightroom it comes down depending to the editing to about 10mb 

Will these jpeg images not be allowed ?

Thank you 

3 answers to this question

No Problem ,its the size of the jpeg opened ,not the size of the file when closed. In Photoshop click open the the jpeg and the click on image size ,that will tell you the file size when open. We've all  asked that question when we first started .There is an  software

Alamy Size Checker

http://www.braeside.plus.com/photography/alamy/alamy.html

Welcome to Alamy Forum

• Like 3

I too am new and have the same question. The above link does not work.  What I understand is, a 6000*4000 pixel image will generate about a 68.7 MB image when open. It may only be 20 or less when saved to disk. When I open a file I know should be as above it only shows the disk size. What program will open a file and show the open size. Something FAST. I guess I could work backwards but that to hard.

On 22/11/2020 at 03:11, frankraney said:

I too am new and have the same question. The above link does not work.  What I understand is, a 6000*4000 pixel image will generate about a 68.7 MB image when open. It may only be 20 or less when saved to disk. When I open a file I know should be as above it only shows the disk size. What program will open a file and show the open size. Something FAST. I guess I could work backwards but that to hard.

Just make sure your image has 6,000,000 pixels or more and Alamy will accept them, for example a 3,000 x 2,000 pixel image is fine. If you display extra file information in File Explorer you should be able to check the size.

Unfortunately Braeside seem to have stopped trading. 😞

Mark