Unable to use Search on Alamy site

Valery Rizzo

Hi, I have been unable to search for anything using the search field on the Alamy website using both Chrome and Safari? why is this not functioning? A search yields no results, can't search using advanced , it does not even come up and so on and so forth. Please help.

Thanks, Valery

I actually can use my laptop with a more current operating system so can you tell me the requirements of the operating sytem (which I cannot upgrade to on my desktop computer wher I do all my work) Also whether it could be upgrading my chrome or Safari? so what version of those would I need. 

I also would like a favor if possible if you could tell me how to find a link to a search for all my images with the words/term Westminster Dog Show? or can you send me the link. All I can find is an enormous link by clicking on the page header. I need to send this to a client.

Thanks,

Valery

No problem searching for me, this link should give your Westminster Dog Show images. Normally of course you just need to do a main search for Westminster Dog Show and then filter it in Advanced Search for your own name as contributor.

I've not heard of the search not working because of an OS problem but it would help if you tell the forum precisely what you are using at the moment, i.e. Mac/Windows, OS10.?.? or Win7, 8, ,10 etc. If you are routinely using Safari then I suspect you are using a Mac, I don't think that Chrome & Safari will update for 10.6 and earlier.

Edited by Harry Harrison

Hi Harry,

I was hopeful your link would work so I could send to my client but it gives me nothing the same as if I do a main search 

or Westminster Dog Show and then filter it in Advanced Search for your own name as contributor. I can search fro apples and the search field gives me nothing.

I am testing on two computers, my desktop Mac pro running MacOs Sierra 10.12.6 and a MacBook Pro running the same Sierra. Testing on Both Safari and Chrome. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone and don't know what to do.

Thanks,

Valery

Sorry Valery, I kind of thought that you must be doing that. Thanks for the extra information, certainly your Macs are fine, I'm using 10.11 on mine. It doesn't add up for me I'm afraid. Fortunately there are many on here that know far more about this type of thing, particularly regarding Macs, so I hope someone will get to the bottom of it. Have you tried on your phone? 

Hi Harry,

I think I was able to fix it! I cleared my cache and my cookies and I seem to be able to search now! so still testing and I have a shoot now but I am pretty sure that solved my problem. Later I will try on all devices and browsers. So happy. Thanks for your help.

Valery