Android Press IPTC App metadata problems

Eleventh Hour

Question

Hello all,

I've been submitting stock photos for a short while now and want to move into uploading Live News photos as and when I cover suitable events.

I use my phone and an android tablet to transfer my images from my camera, so I need to add metadata before uploading to the live feed.

In another thread I see some of you use the Press IPTC app and I subsequently downloaded this and conducted a few tests.  Now, I am finding that sometimes metdata has been applied to the image from the saved template but most of the time it is not and the spaces for headline and caption remain blank.

I have spent hours looking at it and I can't get around this problem. In the meantime, the "live" images I shoot become yesterday's news and I'm getting very frustrated that I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. 

Any other apps other members can recommend for applying metadata would be deeply appreciated.  

Thank you. 

Edited by Eleventh Hour
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

I struggled with the Press IPTC App (and gave up with it) but since I have now switched entirely from Canon to Sony gear I am using their Imaging Edge apps to go from camera to Samsung phone to the Alamy news feed in minutes.
Now I just need some news stories!

• Love 1

Did you find any Android app that works? I have the Press Iptc one too and can't get it to work.

Mickfly, I have Sony and their Imaging Edge Android app - what do you use to edit iptc/ exif?

Hacked off at losing hours and sales.....

Edited by Zollikon
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Zollikon said:

Did you find any Android app that works? I have the Press Iptc one too and can't get it to work.

Mickfly, I have Sony and their Imaging Edge Android app - what do you use to edit iptc/ exif?

Hacked off at losing hours and sales.....

If I can't use my laptop I transfer the images from my Sony cameras (you must be shooting in RAW/Jpeg or just jpeg as you can only transfer jpegs) using the Imaging Edge APP.
You must be setup to transfer files as 'original' or they will be too small and cause processing errors on upload.
I then select images for small edits, like wonky horizon lines, and  save the copy.
I then use the Sony Imaging Edge Transfer and tagging App to apply the pre written templates headlines and the IPTC fields, then upload selected to the news feed by FTP directly from the APP.

Warning: It is not an intuitive APP for me, and I double check everything before pressing send.