Was this QC'd correctly? Confused.

On 21/10/2019 at 16:47, MDM said:

Well you can try to simulate film with digital and project that or simply start shooting film again. I reckon you can pick up some second hand kit cheaply. I stlll have a Nikon film camera but it has not been used in a long long time and maybe never will be. I kept it because the price I was offered was so bad it was not worth trading in. 

I actually crowdsourced film rolls for an arty project a few years ago and borrowed a friend's 35mm camera, which he never wanted back. People gladly handed over all their old film rolls they had sitting around. I think I got over a hundred rolls of free 35mm film within a few days, all of it was expired, some of it decades ago. I used a lot of it and got to know how the various films age and discolor. All of the images came out well, some grainier than usual with a green tinge.

On 01/11/2019 at 02:03, Sally R said:

Thank you for posting this thread Blinking Eye. I have two images with a lot of blue sky (which I had left as potential copy space). The blue sky was clear and smooth on the images I submitted, but chunky and blocky on the Alamy preview. I was confused by this, so I'm a bit clearer about it now given everyone's feedback on this, and hopefully it won't put off a potential buyer.

I enjoyed the printer YouTube clip by Harry too 😂  We've probably all wanted to do this to an appliance before. At my Mum's previous work in an office setting there was a foam brick available for anyone who wanted to throw it at their computer without actually really breaking it.

You're welcome! I'm glad we got to the bottom of this. I was so appreciative of everyone's else input.