asking about vector preview

djo8

Question

hi

I'm new in alamy

when I tried to upload vector using FTP, I also included JPEG preview with the same name but the preview on web is got burn effect as preview. It's not generated from JPEG that I sent as preview. The preview is generated from EPS file which sometimes has color problem

I tried with many EPS vectors but most of them got burn effect or saturated color

May I asked a question how to upload vector and jpeg as preview ?

best regards

4 answers to this question

Hello,

I want to ask the same question. 😊 I also tried to upload vectors and jpeg previews using FTP and the colours were way too different. It's been a while and no one still answered the question. 😶 

Maybe you figured it out already and could share what the problem was?

Thanks in advance

Hello
I've got the same problem. I've upload here two EPS files, which were successfully upload on Shutterstock, and I've got loathsome preview JPGs. All my searches for answer, what I'm doing wrong for Alamy, got me nothing. "Guidelines for submitting vector for Alamy"  said nothing about colour setting for Illustrator for the best quality convertion EPS to JPG.
In the same time I see myriad colourful preview. 
Could anybody share technological secrets about perfect prepare of EPS for Alamy?
Thanks in advance.

I don't know about EPS files specifically, but I have found that when I process digital art files that contain a limited range of colours, as opposed to photographs which contain the full gamut of tones, any resizing etc. has to be performed with the image in Indexed Color mode (Photoshop). If it is treated as a standard RGB image, the results are terrible. This may have nothing to do with the issue above, but I just mentioned it incase it is of some help.

Hello again!
I have hypothesis not tested enough yet.

For the correct conversion EPS file into JPG file preview, it must contain the entry:

<rdf:Description rdf:about=""
            xmlns:illustrator="http://ns.adobe.com/illustrator/1.0/">
         <illustrator:StartupProfile>Basic RGB</illustrator:StartupProfile>
      </rdf:Description>

If "StartupProfile" is not set to "Basic RGB" or the entry not present at all, conversion may produce faded colors.
It looks like Alamy converter is strictly guided by "StartupProfile", while Photoshop and Shutterstock converter simply ignore it. 

To make sure that "StartupProfile" is set to "Basic RGB", you have to create a new Illustrator document from scratch (as "Basic RGB") and then cut and paste your vector design there.
It is curious that any change of colour mode during subsequent work in Illustrator does not change "StartupProfile" setting, it remains the same.

Ready-made EPS files can easily be checked with a simple text search "Basic RGB" in it.