Multiple words in tags

DerekTaylor

Question

Hi all. What's the best way to use multiple words in tags, ones that go together I mean? So for example, for some photos of rugby league: "rugby", "league", "rugby league", "rugbyleague". What do people tend to do?

Thanks in advance.

Derek

1 answer to this question

On 03/08/2019 at 10:01, DerekTaylor said:

Hi all. What's the best way to use multiple words in tags, ones that go together I mean? So for example, for some photos of rugby league: "rugby", "league", "rugby league", "rugbyleague". What do people tend to do?

Thanks in advance.

Derek

In the case of your example I'd probably use all of them apart from "rugbyleague" (it's not a word). If you think there are multi-word word phrases that describe your image, and which the customer is likely to use when searching, then put them in your tags as phrases. If there are single words from any phrase that could generate views you don't want, then don't include them as single word tags. NB. You may still get views as the word is also in your tag phrase, but the theory* is that your image should be* given less weighting and will therefore appear further down the search results. *Alamy can (and do) change the search algorithm...

Mark

• Love 1