Is "Cutout" "Photograph" search option working as customers expect?

Looking at activity on my images yesterday I was surprised to see views reported against the following search

william wordsworth grasmere [PH] [CO]

I don't have any intentional cutouts, and the images viewed definitely couldn't be described as cutouts (even by an automated system).

So I did a search on Alamy for william wordsworth grasmere and set the cut out option. It gives just 2 results, both drawings, one of which is a cutout.

But if I then click the Photograph option too, then all photos with keywords william wordsworth grasmere appear, irrespective of whether they're cutouts or not.

It seems as if the [PH] [CO] filter is applied as photograph OR cutout, wouldn't it be more useful if it was applied as photograph AND cutout?

Mark

I mentioned this here:

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/70-image-types-photographs-cut-outs/

I think that changed it from originally allowing users to pick cut-outs as a subset of photographs to only allowing users to choose either photographs or cut-outs.

It was a rather confused post because I didn't realise what was happening at first. That's probably why there was no response from Alamy.

No I don't think it works the way customers expect - it certainly doesn't work the way I expected. :D

I mentioned this here:

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/70-image-types-photographs-cut-outs/

I think that changed it from originally allowing users to pick cut-outs as a subset of photographs to only allowing users to choose either photographs or cut-outs.

It was a rather confused post because I didn't realise what was happening at first. That's probably why there was no response from Alamy.

No I don't think it works the way customers expect - it certainly doesn't work the way I expected. :D

Thanks - I missed the earlier thread. So at least two of us think it's wrong. I've emailed member services accordingly.

Archived