Fast-track for Alamy Content Picture Needs

Steve Valentia

I responded to an @Alamycontent #Alamypicneeds tweet, with 4 images that I had on file, that I think meet the request perfectly. I tweeted @Alamycontent back to say I was uploading, with a sample of one of the images (watermarked) and a got a "like" for it.

This was Tuesday afternoon and those images are still awaiting QC approval. At the very best, this will happen later this afternoon. They then need to be tagged and should be available for sale by Thursday morning, with any luck, at which point I'll tweet @Alamycontent again with the file numbers. Although, it could be Friday or even after the weekend before they are available, in the worst case scenario, and when requests are made at the end of the week.  

I'm concerned that the client may have bought other images in the time it takes to put new ones online. If that is the case, responding to this request (and many others in the past) could be a waste of effort for many contributors, and particularly if we go out and shoot the images especially.

Perhaps Alamy might consider a way to "fast-track" images that are being uploaded to meet a client's request, in a similar way to how News images bypass QC? This could perhaps utilize the Twitter feed, and once the "like" has been proffered a link could be sent to upload the images immediately, to be seen by the client. 

Any thoughts?

Archived