Help with chasing infringer

hi all,

im relativly new to alamy and the stock world in general.

i have just found an image used of mine, it was licenced by alamy in oct 2014 (after some bizarre previous, sale then refund, sale then refund), eventually sold oct 2014.

a car image, used in germany, by a BIG car company, all good.

i did a google image search just, and is shows up on a russian, what appears to be photo sharing / facebook classic car group. i even recognise some press photos in the same page, from car companies themselves (presume stolen too).

i looked at the german LEGIT usage, and the pixel size matches the stolen use. so they obviously lifted it from the legit licenced user.

what to do? i have read a EPUK article which gives sample letters etc and also the idea of flagrency etc (after some user on forums posted link).

do i contact alamy, because they licenced the image? or do i contact the russian site direct (i could WHOIS, the domain name / ISP). or register for the forum / page its on and send to the admins / moderators etc? and send them a "cease using my image" letter / email.

bit wary of what to do, as im UK based, and as far as i can tell, the site is russian.

thanks

Archived