Same photo passed QC the first time and failed the second

In my first test submission, 2 of the 3 photos passed with a message saying "this image will pass if resubmitted", and the third failed due to softness (which is understandable). I've resubmitted the two that passed along with a new third one, and again 2 of the 3 passed - but this time one of the original "will pass if resubmitted" photos was the one that failed. I'm trying a third time, but am concerned about consistency in QC, especially when all photos in a submission fail if one does. If the same photo will pass one day and fail the next, will this just be an exercise in frustration to get a whole batch passed? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Unusual situation as it's your first upload. You can try querying it with the QC team by email. You're right, it's not consistent.

However, if I was you, I would just make sure you pass QC first time. Make sure your 3 images are 'normal', i.e. no selective focus with lots of background blur, good lighting, no camera shake etc.

https://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-how-to-pass-qc.pdf

Once you get into the swing of it, most contributors submit and pass QC all the time. I've been submitting since 2015, I've had 1 QC fail during this period (I also failed my initial upload in 2014!)

Steve

Edited by Steve F
  • Like 3

Thanks for your response, that's good to know. Sounds like it's worth persevering!

I admit to not reviewing the QC document thoroughly enough before my first submission, but I did before I resubmitted and considered my new photo carefully....but I didn't go back and look at the other two since they passed the first time. Although now that I have reviewed the one that was inconsistent, I do see why it failed - they probably should have failed it the first time! 

• Like 3