Belgian photographers active here? Bookkeeping question...

Hi everyone.  Boring bookkeeping question...  I am a Belgium-based photographer, hence:  VAT registered in Belgium.  But Alamy only offers the option for UK-based VAT registration.  My bookkeeper asks me for outgoing invoices for the payments I received, but Alamy says I don't need them.  Who's right?  Or to put it differently:  any other Belgian photographers here (VAT-registered) that have any advice?

Thanks!

Alamy operate under the HMRC self-billing regime so they 'self generate' the invoice you would normally send them. As Philippe has said, just create a dummy invoice for your own records.

You don't get VAT from Alamy as they are a UK company so would only pay out VAT to UK VAT registered contribs. For those, they do generate an invoice. AFAIK, there's no VAT on cross border (EU) invoices i.e. between two VAT entities. I don't pay VAT element on say my Adobe subcription because it's based in Ireland and the invoice would be for Irish VAT.

Archived