Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I know that the indifferent will be found in any country, although in my situation today I am from Russia.
It's difficult to get over your principles, but it's forced.
The state of health allows me to move with difficulty only around the apartment, I did not diagnose cancer myself, I am already being treated for more than a year, but now I need a compensation for which the pension funds are not enough katastorficheski, I even sold some real estate, but this was not enough.
I appeal to colleagues how I can best advertise my work, in the hope that they will buy, for me every cent will be help.
I thank the sympathetic, do not imagine how hard it is for me to write now, but I hope for understanding.
Gennady.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gennadii, i'm sorry for your health.

I live in Italy which is one of the best places to stay for public assistance so i can really understand your health issues.

Looking at your portfolio last pages, i see most of your pictures are micro-stock type.

Did you take a look at BackYardSilver blog ? I can send you his e-book to publish images to multiple agencies with few clicks (Alamy is also covered in his book).

StockSubmitter app is your friend here.

Hope you can have an increasing royalties income from micro agencies better than just here to pay your health costs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, it's sad but... 

Did you give your Paypal credentials to your parents of special friends?

I did it 2 years ago when having suicide thoughts and it helped me to stay calm about who could have accessed my stock money in the future.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gennadii Rybalov said:

I know that the indifferent will be found in any country, although in my situation today I am from Russia.
It's difficult to get over your principles, but it's forced.
The state of health allows me to move with difficulty only around the apartment, I did not diagnose cancer myself, I am already being treated for more than a year, but now I need a compensation for which the pension funds are not enough katastorficheski, I even sold some real estate, but this was not enough.
I appeal to colleagues how I can best advertise my work, in the hope that they will buy, for me every cent will be help.
I thank the sympathetic, do not imagine how hard it is for me to write now, but I hope for understanding.
Gennady.

I’m sorry for your circumstances, Gennady. I had cancer once and beat it. I wish I knew more about marketing images, but I have only done it here at Alamy after starting out very briefly with microstock.

You remain an excellent photographer, better than I.

Good luck, my friend.

Have you thought about a “Go Fund Me” account where your friends and family could contribute?  I know nothing about these accounts but have seen references to them.

Betty

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis. I am a cancer survivor so I know how difficult it is. Fortunately I had been smart when I was young and had been paying for health insurance for years so although it was still expensive I was able to manage. Here in the USA there are a lot of charities that help cancer patients. If you lived here I would suggest that you call the American Cancer Society and also ask to speak with a social worker at your hospital. I don't know a thing about charities in Russia but it sounds like you would qualify for help so I encourage you to reach out in that direction.

 

Paulette

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear your about your diagnosis. Excellent recommendations with Go Fund Me - as much unfairness there is in the world, there is even more kindness. 

 

For "advertising" don't really know what you're after, but in general now-a-days it is multiple revenue streams that are required. Niche stock libraries, direct selling, product shot assignments (can be done from home), blog, vlog, affiliate links, adsense

 

All the best.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that very active moves to rustle up jobs is usually beyond the energy level of a cancer patient. Gennady said he was barely able to move about his apartment. I know well that condition, and it takes almost more effort that one can muster to take a shower or bath. The only thing that saved me is no hair to wash, condition, and fix. No hair on legs to shave! At that, sometimes I had to sit on the shower floor.

Whats needed here is the old private messaging ability so that those in this forum who also sell elsewhere could send Gennady tips of where else he might sell. He can work on his computer for that. Believe it or not, depending on treatment chemicals, sometimes it’s hard to think straight.

if Ginaddy sets up a Go fund me acct. I’ll be happy to contribute something. Like we did for Ed. Or, wasn’t it a Paypal acct for Ed?

Betty

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was PayPal, and the donations were sent by way of my email address. It worked, but I'm still not sure how. 

 

Cancer is a rough road. I hate to say it, but stock photography in the digital era is just not a way to earn a lot of money, Gennady. 

 

Edo

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sorry to hear about your illness.

Can I please urge you once again to focus, whenever you can sum up your mental energy, on keywording.

For example, I looked at one of your recent uploads of red rubber gloves on a sink. You have keywords which aren't there, like 'maid', 'chemicals' and 'bath', but you don't have 'sink', which is in the photo. So a buyers searching on rubber gloves, sink, won't find yours, as you don't have sink - you have keyworded latex gloves but not 'rubber gloves', which washing up gloves are known as here. Although latex probably isn't incorrect, when we talk about latex gloves we usually mean the ones doctors use.

 

Again, I know how difficult it must be when English isn't your own language. But there is absolutely no point in advertising if buyers can't find your files by searching via keywords.

 

Also I agree with what's been said above, stock isn't a way to earn money fast, which isn't what you want to hear, I'm sure.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.07.2018 at 1:32 PM, KODAKovic said:

Gennadii, i'm sorry for your health.

I live in Italy which is one of the best places to stay for public assistance so i can really understand your health issues.

Looking at your portfolio last pages, i see most of your pictures are micro-stock type.

Did you take a look at BackYardSilver blog ? I can send you his e-book to publish images to multiple agencies with few clicks (Alamy is also covered in his book).

StockSubmitter app is your friend here.

Hope you can have an increasing royalties income from micro agencies better than just here to pay your health costs.

 

On 13.07.2018 at 1:35 PM, KODAKovic said:

Also, it's sad but... 

Did you give your Paypal credentials to your parents of special friends?

I did it 2 years ago when having suicide thoughts and it helped me to stay calm about who could have accessed my stock money in the future.

Thank you for your understanding, I have not read this man's blog, I will certainly appreciate his book. If you can email me at rybalov77@yandex.ru
I have already given my Paypal for a long time to my relatives, realizing that everything is unreliable for me now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.07.2018 at 6:53 PM, Martin Carlsson said:

Sorry to hear your about your diagnosis. Excellent recommendations with Go Fund Me - as much unfairness there is in the world, there is even more kindness. 

 

For "advertising" don't really know what you're after, but in general now-a-days it is multiple revenue streams that are required. Niche stock libraries, direct selling, product shot assignments (can be done from home), blog, vlog, affiliate links, adsense

 

All the best.

 

On 13.07.2018 at 5:01 PM, NYCat said:

I am so sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis. I am a cancer survivor so I know how difficult it is. Fortunately I had been smart when I was young and had been paying for health insurance for years so although it was still expensive I was able to manage. Here in the USA there are a lot of charities that help cancer patients. If you lived here I would suggest that you call the American Cancer Society and also ask to speak with a social worker at your hospital. I don't know a thing about charities in Russia but it sounds like you would qualify for help so I encourage you to reach out in that direction.

 

Paulette

 

On 13.07.2018 at 3:44 PM, Betty LaRue said:

I’m sorry for your circumstances, Gennady. I had cancer once and beat it. I wish I knew more about marketing images, but I have only done it here at Alamy after starting out very briefly with microstock.

You remain an excellent photographer, better than I.

Good luck, my friend.

Have you thought about a “Go Fund Me” account where your friends and family could contribute?  I know nothing about these accounts but have seen references to them.

Betty

Thank you for your support!
I appreciate your responsiveness and attention. Since the fund is not familiar, I have not even heard that such exist, I do not even know, but I can try to register there.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

It was PayPal, and the donations were sent by way of my email address. It worked, but I'm still not sure how. 

 

Cancer is a rough road. I hate to say it, but stock photography in the digital era is just not a way to earn a lot of money, Gennady. 

 

Edo

Ed, I think you are right, nothing is done quickly, but for me now there are no other options.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gennadii, I am very sorry to hear about your plight, but even more sorry to hear that you counted on stock photography for income. I too have faced cancer and survived, and I am cheering for you to pull through. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brian Yarvin said:

Gennadii, I am very sorry to hear about your plight, but even more sorry to hear that you counted on stock photography for income. I too have faced cancer and survived, and I am cheering for you to pull through. 

Brian, I wish you and everyone else here health!
Hope does not leave me, that there will be a buyer who will need my photos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery, Gennady.

 

Doesn't Russia have free healthcare provided by the state?

Of course, but it seems safer to make my problems paid.
 

Edited by Gennadii Rybalov
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wishing you the best for a healthy recovery! We don't even have a national health care here, so when you are self employed, as I am, it is my second biggest expense after housing....and that is when I am feeling well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michael Ventura said:

Wishing you the best for a healthy recovery! We don't even have a national health care here, so when you are self employed, as I am, it is my second biggest expense after housing....and that is when I am feeling well!

 

It's tough to imagine, quite unbelievable in fact.

 

I have a self-employed friend in the US who couldn't afford health insurance for years. Now, thankfully, he is retired and has Medicaid.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

It's tough to imagine, quite unbelievable in fact.

 

I have a self-employed friend in the US who couldn't afford health insurance for years. Now, thankfully, he is retired and has Medicaid.

 

 

same...having to choose between bankruptcy and health shouldn't even be a thing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MandyD said:

same...having to choose between bankruptcy and health shouldn't even be a thing...

 

I had a hip replaced last January. It cost me nothing. For this type of surgery, the average cost for an uninsured person in the US is reportedly over $30K. Even with private insurance, the cost is said to be about $3K. I'd still be limping along...

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

I had a hip replaced last January. It cost me nothing. For this type of surgery, the average cost for an uninsured person in the US is reportedly over $30K. Even with private insurance, the cost is said to be about $3K. I'd still be limping along...

 

 

I broke my spine...so pretty sure I would be dead if I was in the US.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.