13 hours ago, James Hodgson said:

just a thought, but I briefly had a speed issue last year and the above is how I fixed it. once it worked ok without graphics processor I discovered that it was a corrupt graphics driver that I just reinstalled and has worked ok since!

as I say, it was just a thought.

j

That's a good idea, thanks. I have just moved my cat to a new and larger HDU and the speed increase is noticeable. Also, upgraded to Lightroom 6.14. It's looking markedly better. Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions - much appreciated. :-)

19 hours ago, MichaelG said:

Thank you MDM for all the suggestions! I did the reset before and didn't change a thing and no, not one. Have four different catalogs and all being sluggish. I may actually try and reinstall the lightroom see if it works...  

Sorry Jansos for hijacking your thread!  Hope you will get this sorted soon! 

No worries - good to hear (in a perverse sort of way, sorry) that others are in the same boat! :-)

You mentioned something about running anti-virus software on your Mac and wondering if a virus scan might be slowing it down. I did my periodic check to see what Macworld say Can Macs get viruses  and their informed opinion is still no for viruses. Malware can be an issue but again they say that being careful in general and keeping MacOs up to date is probably sufficient. 

On 17/07/2018 at 16:50, MichaelG said:

Thank you MDM for all the suggestions! I did the reset before and didn't change a thing and no, not one. Have four different catalogs and all being sluggish. I may actually try and reinstall the lightroom see if it works...  

Sorry Jansos for hijacking your thread!  Hope you will get this sorted soon! 

My guess is that if resetting the prefs didn't work, then reinstalling won't either. I'd suggest paying a visit to the Lightroom Queen but you will need to provide a lot more info than you have done here.  

Archived