geogphotos

More than 50 tags

Posted (edited)

I want to add some new keywords to some old images. Each one has over 50 tags many of them words that have been duplicated from the old system.

When I select each individual image I can see all the tags, as soon as I select two or more I can only see a smaller number of the tags - even though that image actually have the same tags. This means that i can't edit the images together but only one at a time. I want to reduce the duplication to take the total below 5O to enable me to add the new ones. 

Any ideas?

Edited by geogphotos

Posted (edited)

The duplication "issue" is a serious fault, I agree. You have to do them one at a time or in small batches, then deselect and check individually to see if you've got below 50. It's a pain in the neck and I don't bother at all if the image has more than about 60 tags as it's too arduous. I've resorted to putting new tags in the captions- it makes nonsense of them but it seems to be the only way to avoid RSI.

Some of my legacy images seem to have over 100 tags. No doubt you have a lot more problem images than I do.

If it helps, the number which appears as xx/xx when you select multiple images appears to be the maximum number of tags in any of them.

Edited by spacecadet

I would love to see some way to facilitate removing duplicate tags. I used all the boxes in the old system and it has, of course, created problems now. It made a lot of sense then and I could keyword efficiently. Now it is all torture and I haven't done anything to most of my older images. Sometimes I do the supertags but seldom anything more.

Paulette 

Posted (edited)

I'm justifying my inaction by the fact that I'm still getting licenses on older images, and I seem to have a fairly high rank now, so these images tend to appear on the first couple of pages even on a quite general search.

Edited by spacecadet

I am too so not much motivation to fix anything.

Paulette

• Upvote 1

Alamy, we need a button to sort and remove duplicate tags. It needs to be able handle multiple selected files before bringing back the result for additions and deletions.

I've given up reviewing supertags (an Alamy Email request) as I get hung up on lots of files with excessive duplicate tags. I've done dozens by manually clicking to remove each duplicate. I've given up as it is too time consuming and fraught with potential error.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Back in the testing days, the tags were in alphabetical order, which made life MUCH easier. It was changed to improve the search engine results but if they could still be alphabetical for editing purposes it would save everyone a lot of time.

I would like to thank Alamy for one change though (not sure how recent). When you try to add a tag to a lot of images and told some of them already have 50, it now tells you which ones and gives you the option to remove them from the selection. Finding them used to be near impossible and rarely worth the time and effort. This is extremely useful and a BIG improvement.

Edited by Phil Robinson