Upload Trouble?

Grrr, I hate that for you and all others. As much as your problem has frustrated me, I can’t imagine how you feel. 

Inquiring minds want to know....have you learned some new ah hem, word combinations? :D if so, I’d ask you to share for when I’m super-stressed, but we’d be kicked off the forum. 

My problem is I’m technically challenged, so my suggestions are pretty worthless. Now that I think about it, I realize CC has nothing to do with it.  I’d suggest you create a new account, if only to try one or two images to see if they go. If they did, then you would not only have a leg to stand on with Alamy’s technical department, you’d have two legs under you.

Do I need to duck after that suggestion? :lol:

Betty

• 2 weeks later...

I won't mention his name without permission, but a very nice chap in Alamy's tech department has solved my upload problem.

I had been using > in my folder names and file names. This and these < : \ | ? * are seen as illegal characters by some computers (mine!). The failed attempts on FTP were another similar issue that I need to fix. My snaps are uploading on Safari now. 

Alamy are the best! :D

Oh my, am I going to have a lot of tagging to do. 

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I won't mention his name without permission, but a very nice chap in Alamy's tech department has solved my upload problem.

I had been using > in my folder names and file names. This and these < : \ | ? * are seen as illegal characters by some computers (mine!). The failed attempts on FTP were another similar issue that I need to fix. My snaps are uploading on Safari now. 

Alamy are the best! :D

Oh my, am I going to have a lot of tagging to do. 

Glad to hear that the mystery has been solved. The devil really is in the details.B)

Looking forward to seeing more Montreal pics...

On 8/30/2018 at 14:30, John Mitchell said:

Looking forward to seeing more Montreal pics...

I'm so out of sync with my stock shooting now. I went downtown to snap The Underground City. It took me 40 minutes to find my way in. The first two times I was in the city center I couldn't find my way out. 

I found one thing wrong here in Montreal. The roads are in bad repair. Everything else is semi-perfect. 

Gosh, Betty, I hope by the end of September I'll be in Spain. 

If something works, I'm usually not curious enough to try other things. So I kept on uploading the old way through Firefox until a week ago when it didn't work.

Given that situation, I used FTP to send couple of batches of images. They went through quickly and without a hitch. I'll do that from now on.

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'm so out of sync with my stock shooting now. I went downtown to snap The Underground City. It took me 40 minutes to find my way in. The first two times I was in the city center I couldn't find my way out. 

I found one thing wrong here in Montreal. The roads are in bad repair. Everything else is semi-perfect. 

Gosh, Betty, I hope by the end of September I'll be in Spain. 

Yes, a lot of Montreal's roads are a mess. The winter is very hard on them. Repairs are never-ending.

No doubt you've seen plenty of these signs.

french-language-rue-bare-street-closed-s

John, does Rue in Canada mean street? I always understood my married French surname LaRue means the street. 

Gosh, Edo, your saga has gone on for so long I never thought you’d be in Spain before September was done. I figured the red tape with the passport would go on foreverrrr.

Betty

In a brief moment of optamism, I said September. The Irish said 8 weeks, which means October.  We will see.  And yes, rue means street.  Sometimes it's capped 'Rue' and sometimes not -- rue.  Don't know the rule for that. 

39 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

In a brief moment of optamism, I said September. The Irish said 8 weeks, which means October.  We will see.  And yes, rue means street.  Sometimes it's capped 'Rue' and sometimes not -- rue.  Don't know the rule for that. 

Rue is capitalized when it's a proper noun -- e.g. Rue Saint-Paul.

Otherwise it's lower case -- e.g. dans la rue (in the street, any old street)

September and October are my favourite months in Montreal. The maple trees put on a spectacular show beginning in early Oct. Everything starts falling apart weather-wise during the second half of the month. So you've probably got about seven weeks before your teeth start chattering.

red-maple-trees-in-the-parc-du-bassin-bo

Ed if you are Europe bound soon checkout Air Transat from Montreal they have “cheaper” flights by Canadian standards but they do stop flying to Europe late October early November, as they switch their focus to the warmer Caribbean destinations for winter.

Thanks, Norm.

"Soon" is a relative term when waiting for the Irish to get my passport to me.

I'll miss Montreal and Canada and Canadians. And I'll miss the comfortable chirping of French around me. It sounds so nice, and I'm don't have the burden of understand a single word.  :)

Edo

20 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thanks, Norm.

"Soon" is a relative term when waiting for the Irish to get my passport to me.

I'll miss Montreal and Canada and Canadians. And I'll miss the comfortable chirping of French around me. It sounds so nice, and I'm don't have the burden of understand a single word.  :)

Edo

This thread seems to be generating some good karma. My first sale of the month showed up today, and it's a Montreal image. :)

In Montreal, a lot of the Irish originally settled in Griffintown. Don't know if you've heard of it.

9 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

This thread seems to be generating some good karma. My first sale of the month showed up today, and it's a Montreal image. :)

In Montreal, a lot of the Irish originally settled in Griffintown. Don't know if you've heard of it.

That's so funny, I had one appear today too of a Montreal Metro Sign, unfortunately not enough to buy a ride on it! Let karma continue.

canada-montreal-metropolitain-sign-at-th

11 minutes ago, Normspics said:

That's so funny, I had one appear today too of a Montreal Metro Sign, unfortunately not enough to buy a ride on it! Let karma continue.

canada-montreal-metropolitain-sign-at-th

Mine was of pumpkins in a Montreal market. The Great Pumpkin must be on our side.

P.S. Could be the same buyer. My image was zoomed not long ago.

pumpkins-and-squash-for-sale-at-the-jean

• 4 weeks later...

Returning from Montreal :-)

Anyone else struggling with uploads today? I'm using Safari on a Mac and keep getting a lot of upload errors although the files affected go through at the second or third attempt. No problems at all uploading the same files to another site. Last Monday was very slow and error prone as well - is it just the post-weekend rush or something else?

Archived