Upload Trouble?

32 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yeah, but you had a 50/50 chance of being right, and unless you have 20 children yours is a small data group. :)

Ahh, you skeptics!

I’ve been known to have a tad of ESP, Ed. Much, but not all, has come to me in dreams. A lot of it has been warnings of bad things, to the point that after coming true, my sister told me to not tell her any of them again. This was after I dreamed her oldest son would have a hand injury, then he got his fingers blistered and burned after a firecracker went off in his fingers. 

Then there was the waking feeling of impending doom..very strong to the point that I cried while saying “something horrible is going to happen.”  Then two hours later from the onset of the feeling, with me still in great distress, a tornado hit my town, killing over 20 people, taking the roof off our house. This was before tornado predicting like we get now, and there were no alerts or warnings.

My youngest daughter has inherited it. Neither of us have ESP to a large degree, but we do have it. She nailed the sex on at least a dozen babies, close friends and family, and she dreamed them all. She’s had NO misses.

We had a governor in Oklahoma. The first time I ever heard of him or saw his face was when he announced candidacy on TV. I turned from my chores, looked at him and immediately told Bob, “He’s a crook.” That feeling was overwhelming. He won the race, but got later got impeached for crooked dealings.

Betty

T'was just kidding. I do believe in what is often called ESP. If dogs can have it, why not us human? I experianced this stuff myself when I would travel alone for long periods to places where I did not understand the language. Many people do not trust their instincts. 

Much like I've come to not trusting the Alamy upload.  :unsure:

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

T'was just kidding. I do believe in what is often called ESP. If dogs can have it, why not us human? I experianced this stuff myself when I would travel alone for long periods to places where I did not understand the language. Many people do not trust their instincts. 

Much like I've come to not trusting the Alamy upload.  :unsure:

Can’t say as I blame you about the uploads! :angry:

I cant tell you how much that vexes me. Almost, not quite, as much as if it were happening to me.  When there is a problem to solve, I want to keep beating my head at the wall until I solve it. I usually don’t let go until it thunders. :)

I like mixing metaphors, too!

Ed, have you thought about creating a second account? Maybe starting from scratch...

If you can upload from it, then do. If not, delete the account.

or...get a thumb drive and put your new images you want to upload on it. If there is an Internet cafe or business where you can pay for an hour of computer time, and if those machines have a place to plug in the drive, just be sure to have your passwords with you and give uploading from the thumb drive a try.

Betty

This nonsense has been going on for almost two weeks now. I don't have time to chase down every possibility. The clock is ticking on other matters. I'm in a strange city living out of a suitcase. 

I meant no offense, Betty. 

Things always look brighter in the morning after a bit of food and some strong coffee. It's dark and rainy here in Montreal this morning, but at least I'm awake. 

Alamy is suggesting I use FTP. I did try to get this up and running a few days ago, but could not. I am about to try other FTP connections. 

A few questions: I get suggestions to use SCP. Is that the same as FTP, but more secure? Should I try WinSCP?

???

Good luck with FTP, Ed. I think your and my skills are a bit similar, and I couldn’t figure out FTP. But I gave up too quickly because I could still upload the other way. 

Motivation and lack of choice wins the day. I probably should make another stab at it.

I've not tried FTP for uploading to Alamy, but I've used it successfully elsewhere. Unfortunately, FTP "client" software tends to be full of confusing high-tech gobbledygook. I usually end up just using trial and error until the transfer works. Have never tried SCP, whatever that is. What a pain in the derrière. I wish you luck.

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thanks, Paulette.

But that did not work either. 

Well it should have after all the work you have done for dogs! (I love the little running dog graphic.)

Paulette

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

So far none of the FTP sites I've tried have worked . . . but then I've only been at it for 5 hours this morning. And I think I'm doing everything right. I must go find some lunch. 

If you download the Alamy Lightroom Bridge plugin, you can use FTP within it even if you don’t use the other features. Highlight the photos you want to upload, then click on File>Export>Upload to Alamy.

You can download it here

https://www.lightroom-plugins.com/AlamyIndex.php

If it's any consolation, it just took me about an hour to upload 16 images, a task that should have taken only a few minutes. Perhaps the system is having trouble handling the increasing number of submissions. I imagine that an unstable Internet connection could cause error messages to start popping up ... but who knows.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that I'd began this post about on July 9th. I was still in NYC then. Didn't arrive in Montreal until the 11th.

So the problem is not my present Canadian location.  I have a couple of things I'm going to try, but I will check with Alamy about them first. 

Paulette, I guess you posted your last upload suggestion in another threat, Valencia maybe.

I think you've got it right. 

I bought a thumb drive yesterday, and this morning I attempted to upload images via two other MacBooks, my son's and my daughter-inlaw's. I got the same red reject error message I get on my own MacBook Pro 13". 

Consider the following things:  the techies at the Genius Bar in the Montreal Apple Store found nothing wrong with my Mac; the problem began two days before I arrived in Montreal; testing upload on my images by sending attached files to Alamy worked fine; I've tried 3 FTP's to no avail; I've tried uploading from three different location here with no success; Alamy keeps telling me "there nothing wrong on our end."

There's nothing wrong on my end either. The problem is getting the two ends to meet. As you said, Paulette -- the problem is with my account.

Edo 

There is some problem uploading to Alamy today . I keep getting 'Upload Error' message on Safari and Chrome. No probs yesterday. Problem with FTP too it seems. I'm in Ireland. Tried several wifi networks and my mobile. Keep getting same error message.

4 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Edo, I think at this point I would consult Alamy about getting rid of your present CC and downloading It again in case there is some corruption with the program. Ask Alamy how to go about it.

Betty

Adobe CC was not involved when I tried to upload simple jpegs from two other computers this morning. The problem is in the connection between me (and ManWay and at least one other) and Alamy, and their tech people are the only ones who can solve the problem, but so far they won't deal with it.  

Archived