Upload Trouble?

I am uploading on Chrome and it's taking forever today....should have been done an hour ago, but still 2 hours to go at this rate.

Uploaded 14 images about 5.30 pm local time on Safari yesterday and they zipped straight through.

Allan

I'm dead in the water here.

Alamy has not found a fix on their end. They told me to clean the cache on Safari. The last time I did that (with an earlier OS) it caused endless problems. Apple told me NOT to clean the cache. Anyway, everything else works fine on Safari, so I don't believe that's the problem. I've been unable to activate either Chrome or Firefox. What a mess.

Edo

Yeh also using Safari in the last 2hrs, wouldn’t accept any uploads although it seems to have corrected itself, frustrating though...bad enough spending time on the laptop as it is 👍

Edo,

Noticed that the entire Alamy site has been having problems for the last more than a week.

At first I thought it was a problem with my hardware, but it was not.  In any event something

seems to have been fixed in the last few minutes, 10:45 EST ?

Chuck

Up here, north of the border, my son is a savvy digital dude, and when he stops running around fixing this and that and rehearsing his fusion band, he will try to sort things out. (I hope.)

I must say, after spending another 35 mins of total frustration, that I still can't get anything but "upload error" in red using Safari, and Crome won't let me on Alamy. Firefox? Don't ask.  

6 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Up here, north of the border, my son is a savvy digital dude, and when he stops running around fixing this and that and rehearsing his fusion band, he will try to sort things out. (I hope.)

I must say, after spending another 35 mins of total frustration, that I still can't get anything but "upload error" in red using Safari, and Crome won't let me on Alamy. Firefox? Don't ask.  

As if you don’t have enough stress in your life. I’ll say it for you, 

Argghh!

I'm posting this comment twice:

I've not been ignoring the forum.

I've been locked out for almost a week. Locked out from my account and from the forum. At first, when I reached Montreal, I just could not upload new images -- then nothing worked. CR has said that the problem is not on their end. On my end, Safari is working on everything except Alamy. And Chrome is the same. 

On 7/12/2018 at 13:26, Ed Rooney said:

I'm dead in the water here.

Alamy has not found a fix on their end. They told me to clean the cache on Safari. The last time I did that (with an earlier OS) it caused endless problems. Apple told me NOT to clean the cache. Anyway, everything else works fine on Safari, so I don't believe that's the problem. I've been unable to activate either Chrome or Firefox. What a mess.

Edo

You may not need to clear everything from the cache, just the Alamy stuff. Try this

Safari>Preferences>Privacy>Manage website data...> select Alamy.com (cookies and local storage) and then click Remove.

Mark

Uploading has been slow for me for quite some time. I uploaded a small batch on Thursday and had to do it in two separate submissions after the first one crashed.

Could be one of those pesky "north of The Border" things. It looks as if NAFTA might crash too. B)

P.S. Edo, have you tried using your son's computer to upload?

6 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

You may not need to clear everything from the cache, just the Alamy stuff. Try this

Safari>Preferences>Privacy>Manage website data...> select Alamy.com (cookies and local storage) and then click Remove.

Mark

This happened to me repeatedly about 6 months ago. I used the same method you posted every week to two weeks for several months. Yes, it causes captcha and redoing passwords. But at least I could get on again. There for awhile, I had to use Firefox from time to time.

19 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Mark

I really thought you were onto something, Mark, especially when Safari Preferences wouldn't let me go forward without signing-in. "This is it!" I thought. Alas, I still can't upload anything. I can't upload anything at the local cafe anymore either.

Alamy told me I'm the only one having this problem. Yeah yeah, I'm special.  :(

31 minutes ago, Martin P Wilson said:

Have you tried FTP?

I have not. Only heard that mentioned in here. I know what FBI means but not FTP. Alamy has not suggested this. ???

So far I've cleaned Alamy from the Safari cache, as Mark suggested. Then I cleaned out the entire Safari cache. This is after installing Dr. Cleaner. I've tried to upload on Chrome and on Firefox. Nothing has worked. Except . . . a week ago, I went to a local cafe and was able to upload 14 images using their WiFi. That has stopped working. This situation has been going on now for 11 days. Alamy and you all tell me I'm the only one with this problem. The Apple store, Alamy, forum members, and all others do not have an answer.

Edo, on Firefox right now

58 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I have not. Only heard that mentioned in here. I know what FBI means but not FTP. Alamy has not suggested this. ???

So far I've cleaned Alamy from the Safari cache, as Mark suggested. Then I cleaned out the entire Safari cache. This is after installing Dr. Cleaner. I've tried to upload on Chrome and on Firefox. Nothing has worked. Except . . . a week ago, I went to a local cafe and was able to upload 14 images using their WiFi. That has stopped working. This situation has been going on now for 11 days. Alamy and you all tell me I'm the only one with this problem. The Apple store, Alamy, forum members, and all others do not have an answer.

Edo, on Firefox right now

FTP = file transfer protocol. It essentially creates a direct link between your pc and Alamy's server. It is more reliable than web uploads because there is better handshaking so it copes better with glitches (in theory anyway). Often faster because there are few layers. I upload directly from my keywording/ image selection software (PhotoMechanic) but there are free open source ftp clients, I use FileZilla when I am managing web sites - it allows simple drag and drop uploading once set up.

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/how-do-i-send-you-my-stock-images/

FTP is the preferred upload route for many people here. Might be worth a try while you have access to your tech savvy son to help you set it up.

Ed, have you tried this?

Pretend you are Joe Blow who are visiting Alamy for the first time and in your browser, input Alamy.com in the browser search box. In other words, Don’t go your usual route through any form you have used to sign on with in the past.

When the Alamy site comes up, go to the place on the main page...is it still down below? For contributors and click on that. Put in your password and see if that works.

I don’t know that it will, but at this point anything is worth a try. Object being to NOT try to sign in using your usual route. For instance, when I go to the Alamy site, I bring up Safari and I then I get a page of boxes of places I routinely go to, Alamy being one. I click on the Alamy box and get to where I need to be. I’m saying don’t do anything like that but plug in from the search box.

I figure, considering what you have been through, perhaps you’ve done this.

Just saying....in case you haven’t tried it.

Betty

Not sure of the exact step by step, Betty, but I have tried that a few times. 

This is nuts, but last night after doing the PP on the most recent images I got walking around with the Sony 100/3, I tried to upload them. Can't recall now if I was using Firefox or Chrome, Chrome I think. Anyway, these 12 or so images uploaded in a flash without a problem. ??? So the eternal optimist that I am (that's a lie), tried uploading another batch. These were awarded with the error message. I seem to be suffering from a super glitch.

Edo

Archived