kay

Glasgow or Edinburgh group meet-up

44 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

A functioning PM is missing in other respects too ;)

Alan

True, although just part of a larger dysfunctional UK. ;) 

• Like 2

We're sorted!!

The first meeting of the Glasgow/Edinburgh Alamy meet-up group is on July 27th at 2:30pm at Cafe Bom Bon, Princes Square, Buchanan Street, Glasgow.  Hopefully there will be 6 of us there - anyone else is welcome to join us :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kay said:

We're sorted!!

The first meeting of the Glasgow/Edinburgh Alamy meet-up group is on July 27th at 2:30pm at Cafe Bom Bon, Princes Square, Buchanan Street, Glasgow.  Hopefully there will be 6 of us there - anyone else is welcome to join us :)

That is great news Kay. Sorry I won't be able to make it but wish you all well and many more meetings to come.

Allan

• Like 1

Just bumping this up as the meet is on Friday this week.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2018 at 16:21, Allan Bell said:

That is great news Kay. Sorry I won't be able to make it but wish you all well and many more meetings to come.

Allan

thanks Allan :)

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Just bumping this up as the meet is on Friday this week.

Yip, still good to go and everyone welcome. 

Last minute call to anyone who might be able to attend this afternoon. Everyone welcome to the first Scottish meet. 

• Like 1

Great to meet you all. Thanks again, Kay, for setting this up!

• Upvote 1

really enjoyed it!  lovely to see you all & here's to many more :)

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, kay said:

really enjoyed it!  lovely to see you all & here's to many more :)

It is amazing how total strangers can get along so well when there is a common interest. But you are NOT total strangers are you? You are really friends who had never met yet.

Keep up the good work and you will hopefully see many more new friends in the future.

Allan

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

It is amazing how total strangers can get along so well when there is a common interest. But you are NOT total strangers are you? You are really friends who had never met yet.

Keep up the good work and you will hopefully see many more new friends in the future.

Allan

Exactly. Next meet up may be in Edinburgh in August with a possible plan to scour the city centre streets during the festival. 

• Upvote 1

The next Scottish meetup for Alamy contributors has been organised.

Friday October 12th at 12.00 noon

National Museum of Scotland, Chambers Street, Edinburgh, 

Balcony cafe on 3rd floor where we can get something to eat and drink.

At least 5 of us will be there but it would be good to see a few more! 

• Like 1

Hi

Elisabeth here, I just stumbled upon this post and thought it was worth mentioning that I will be giving a student talk in Glasgow on the 12th October. I'm heading towards Edinburgh straight after the talk so would be around from 2.30 pm. I would love to come by and say hello if you are around at that time.  

I've been working for the Content team at Alamy for 5 years and are currently looking after our agencies, the student project and other photographer related sides to the business. It could be a great opportunity for you to give direct feedback and share any ideas you might have with us. 

Let me know if you would like me to come along, and if the time works for all of you. 

Thanks 

Elisabeth 

1 hour ago, Alamy said:

Hi

Elisabeth here, I just stumbled upon this post and thought it was worth mentioning that I will be giving a student talk in Glasgow on the 12th October. I'm heading towards Edinburgh straight after the talk so would be around from 2.30 pm. I would love to come by and say hello if you are around at that time.  

I've been working for the Content team at Alamy for 5 years and are currently looking after our agencies, the student project and other photographer related sides to the business. It could be a great opportunity for you to give direct feedback and share any ideas you might have with us. 

Let me know if you would like me to come along, and if the time works for all of you. 

Thanks 

Elisabeth 

It sounds like a good opportunity to meet and have a chat. I have no problem staying a bit longer.

Lynne

• Like 1

Me too. A welcome coincidence.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alamy said:

Looking forward to meeting you.

Iain

PS bring something warm...

• Like 1

Thanks Elisabeth for the suggestion - I'm even more disappointed to not be able to make this one now - enjoy!

1 hour ago, Iain Masterton said:

Looking forward to meeting you.

Iain

PS bring something warm...

You mean like a Pepsi that's been in the car all day? :D Just teasing. ;)

Everyone welcome. :)

4 hours ago, Alamy said:

It could be a great opportunity for you to give direct feedback and share any ideas you might have with us. 

Now that sounds a good reason for me to make a special effort to come!

Alan

Great, I'm looking forward to meeting you all! 

Best

Elisabeth 

Looking forward to meeting up again, and meeting Elisabeth and anyone else who wasn't at the Glasgow meet-up.

Just bumping this up as it’s nearly October. Hope as many Scottish based, as well as any further afield, Alamy contributors as possible will be able to come.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to the meeting on Friday. I have to film an event on Thursday evening and there's a lot going on in my town on Saturday. It would be a pain doing a return journey to Edinburgh on one day and in any case I wanted to make it worthwhile by having some extra time to wander around. Hope you all have a great time.

Alan

Last call for the Scotland meet up tomorrow at noon, until as late in the afternoon as anyone wishes, with Elizabeth, from Alamy, coming around 2.30pm. National Museum of Scotland, Balcony Cafe.

• Like 1