kay

Glasgow or Edinburgh group meet-up

I really like the idea of the Cambridge group meet-up - just a tad far for me to get to!

Would anyone else be interested in meeting up in Glasgow?

Edited by kay

7 minutes ago, Iain Masterton said:

or Edinburgh?...;)

yep, Edinburgh would work for me

Whoopee! Go for it peoples!:)

I would love to be there when it happens but just too far for me.

All I can say is it is a liberating experience so do it.

Also if you do get some interested Alamy contributors in the area it is useful if you have one person as the organiser or central contact point. Sorting place to meet and time from others suggestions so you get the maximum number all together at once. Obviously there are times that some can't make it but they can usually manage the next meeting. As an example, the CG meet up started with four at the first meeting, we generally have 3 or 4 meetings a year. There are fourteen members on our circulation list now so there will always be at least four members available for a meet. Our last meet on the other day was back to four members because a lot of the others were working or away. I think the largest meeting had about eleven or twelve of the group present.

Apart from talking about Alamy, AIM, Zooms and sales we also talk about photography in general plus other subjects.

It is a very nice way to make new friends too.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Upvote 1

I’m up for that. Edinburgh would be easier for me, but could possibly do Glasgow too.

I'm Glasgow based but could could jump on a train if date suits. :)

I'm up for it, I mentioned it before to Sultanpepa and was going to contact everyone, but then had a family crisis! When that was over, and I was about to try and organise it - the Private Message system had been taken away!!

2 minutes ago, Lynne said:

I'm up for it, I mentioned it before to Sultanpepa and was going to contact everyone, but then had a family crisis! When that was over, and I was about to try and organise it - the Private Message system had been taken away!!

Yes I remember. The PM function is missed in this respect.

Stock images of a group of photographers??!

7 hours ago, Sally said:

64 searches for photographers on AoA for the rolling year. Some interesting ones.

Like: travel photos by top photographers.

;-)

wim

I'm interested in principle. Glasgow would be better for me, but I'm limited as to dates and times.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

It is all coming together for the initial organiser.:)

Don't forget to obtain each and everyones email addresses so that the group can be circulated with the meeting details.;)

Sorry to keep coming in but I am interested to see how this new group is progressing.

Allan

On 06/07/2018 at 15:14, Sally said:

No need. ;) 

Photographers line up to capture images for the local news and media in the UK - Stock Image

Yay! Its looking like we might be able to get something sorted!

Being as there's not message function any more I'm wondering how to best take this forward.  Does everyone have facebook?  My name's not common so am easy to find ( Kay Roxby) - my cover photo is of a baby blue tit.  If you're happy to send me a message with your email address we could get a group going and sort out a date/venue?  Unless there is an easier way that I'm missing (other than us putting our email addresses on here?)

Thanks Kay,

I've sent you a message via Facebook messenger with my email address.

3 hours ago, kay said:

Yay! Its looking like we might be able to get something sorted!

Being as there's not message function any more I'm wondering how to best take this forward.  Does everyone have facebook?  My name's not common so am easy to find ( Kay Roxby) - my cover photo is of a baby blue tit.  If you're happy to send me a message with your email address we could get a group going and sort out a date/venue?  Unless there is an easier way that I'm missing (other than us putting our email addresses on here?)

Kay out of interest I looked for you on FB but could not find what you describe. There are others with same name in other parts of the world.

The only one that came close was K photographer but no other details.

?????

Allan

10 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Kay out of interest I looked for you on FB but could not find what you describe. There are others with same name in other parts of the world.

The only one that came close was K photographer but no other details.

?????

Allan

I managed to find Kay straight away from the search and I'm definitely no Facebook guru!!! 😀

Sorry I avoid FB like the plague. However you can email via my website

www.sallyanderson.co.uk and then I can send you my email address.

Edited by Sally

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Sorry I avoid FB like the plague. However you can email via my website

www.sallyanderson.co.uk and then I can send you my email address.

have done Sally

I can't see your Facebook profile with the blue tit photo either, Kay, though like Allan I can see what I presume is your photography page.

Having promised myself a trip to Glasgow this year I might possibly be interested, but I look like having a very busy summer so it may or may not happen. I'll send an email address to that page anyway so that if a meetup happens I can at least see if it might coincide with a trip in that direction.

Alan

Hi all

I think what's maybe causing the confusion is that it's my cover photo not profile photo that's of the blue tit.  My profile picture is of me and my son, so if you click on that you'll see the blue tit so you know you've got the right one :)  It would have been helpful if I'd said my name also has 'Rowley' in brackets but I'd forgotten!

On 7/6/2018 at 14:43, Sultanpepa said:

Yes I remember. The PM function is missed in this respect.

A functioning PM is missing in other respects too ;)

Alan

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Alamy may not appreciate this, but it's called professional stock photographers. Private but Martin Wilson  will let you in I'm sure. He posts here.

thank you!