Images Sold in July (one per day per contributor)

13 hours ago, Avpics said:

Thank you. It was actually backlit so I've had to push the processing, but something must have just reflected on her face to give me a chance!

I think it was whe white dressB)

Did that one make the papers? Should have, it's a corker.

Reckon she bought it herself?

12 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I think it was whe white dressB)

Did that one make the papers? Should have, it's a corker.

Turns out that was the sale. One of the lower volume papers

Salisbury, UK.  5th March 2018 The A & E department has been closed to the public and the fire service has been Stock Photo

Usage: Novel Use deal, Magazine, print and online, single use, any size inside, 250,000 circulation, UK, Magazine, print and online, single use, any size inside, 250,000 circulation, UK 
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Industry sector: Government (local, regional, national)
Print run: up to 250,000
Image Size: Any size
Start: 13 July 2018
End: 13 July 2023

1 hour ago, Southpole said:

Usage: Novel Use deal, Magazine, print and online, single use, any size inside, 250,000 circulation, UK, Magazine, print and online, single use, any size inside, 250,000 circulation, UK 

Another of these 'novel use' oddities. :-( Maybe Alamy will justify the 'novel use' as meaning it's a 'new buyer', or hopefully will report that it's been a mistake, and rectify it.

5 hours ago, Southpole said:

Salisbury, UK.  5th March 2018 The A & E department has been closed to the public and the fire service has been Stock Photo

This is/was Live News?

wim

On 11/07/2018 at 17:17, ReeRay said:

Distributor sale - how come Alamy direct can't find these requests/licenses?

Thank God for distributors.

a. Maybe (?) local agencies feature higher for a local searcher on the search engines

b. Maybe the buyer already has an account at a local agency, which happens to be an Alamy distributor, so they can see Alamy pics

c. Maybe the buyer doesn't like buying on an agency which isn't in their native language, and feels happier/more secure having all the relevant info in their own language, not just e.g. a Google Translate.

Or ...

d, e, f?

It would be nice to see distro sales dying out in markets where Alamy now has a language site. it's not happening yet, at least in France and Germany, but I can see that Alamy doesn't want to queer its distros' pitches. Anyway those are usually (usually) higher-paying markets anyway. So I don't grumble. Much.

1 minute ago, wiskerke said:

Soft paws with sharp claws?

Or maybe it's for Quantas.

wim

spa...I know some women that have claws that rival these. :wacko:

On 02/07/2018 at 11:15, Sally said:

Pleased to get a sale early on in the month. Sold to Australia. You’d think they have enough wineries there! 

Zoomed a few days ago and the first of my Chile photos to sell. Not a huge amount though.

wine-tasting-glasses-outside-porch-at-la

Today this was refunded, then sold again at exactly the same price. Why would that happen?

it was for

Usage: Newspaper Editorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement. One time use only.

Archived