Images Sold in July (one per day per contributor)

All,

Noticed this being zoomed about a month ago. When nothing happened over the US Presidents visit I thought it wouldn't sell, then suddenly shows up this morning.

usmc-vh-3d-call-sign-nighthawk-1marine-1

Unfortunately, sold for next to nothing, but never mind.

Gary

Pleased about that one, for a decent price too. Not me at all, but for a week I put my stock photographer's hat on and I sold a few from that effort.

Now back to wildlife, birds and landscapes....

australia-post-office-at-shellharbour-ne

2 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

An image that I had high hopes for when I took it and it did indeed sell... people sat in the park by The River Thames at Hammersmith in London.

friends-enjoy-the-good-weather-and-have-a-picnic-in-the-park-at-furnival-gardens-at-hammersmith-in-london-uk-MXPN9N.jpg

That's a good image Matt. I can understand why you had 'high hopes' for it and I think it'll sell more. Is this due to the 'new order' fashion of lifestyle type images that are based in reality rather than the old 'stock image' obviously staged type things? If so I hope it may long continue. Congrats on the sale.

4 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

An image that I had high hopes for when I took it and it did indeed sell... people sat in the park by The River Thames at Hammersmith in London.

friends-enjoy-the-good-weather-and-have-a-picnic-in-the-park-at-furnival-gardens-at-hammersmith-in-london-uk-MXPN9N.jpg

Great image Matt.

This is the type of image that stands way above the stock photography crowd.

Cartier-Bresson had a famous image of people picnicking with the same atmosphere as yours. I think yours is better.

The Cartier-Bresson image is at the top of this page.

https://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/967

On 7/28/2018 at 01:29, Rico said:

Just when I thought that July was going to be a bust for me, this came in.

A two page spread in a book for $$$ figures. Yes!
Siksika  Health and Welfare Centre , Siksika Alberta Canada Stock Photo

I want a monthly streak too :unsure: Nice to see that your local stuff sells

Fabulous flower of the cannonball tree Couroupita guianensis endemic to tropical america Stock Photo

Shot at the botanic gardens round the corner

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 100,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 01 March 2018
End: 01 March 2023
License period:1 month; Print run: 60,000

3 hours ago, MandyD said:

I want a monthly streak too :unsure: Nice to see that your local stuff sells

Most of my sales are shot locally. I am always surprised if a travel image sells.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Most of my sales are shot locally. I am always surprised if a travel image sells.

well that is encouraging...of my whopping 3 sales, 2 have been very Calgary..Stampede and Saddledome..and the other, very Rome...so still not sure what to expect. Been trying to get out more and shoot different stuff...it's keeping me sane if nothing else.

First sale I can recall making to China!

947KB
657 x 492 pixels 
102KB compressed
China, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

Caperberries preserved in vinegar, in local Catalan market in Barcelona, Spain Stock Photo

16 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

I'm not sure you realise how good this image is, Matt. I'd give my right arm, and my left lung for that matter, to have a picture like that in my port. Stunning image!

Second sale for this photo which I took after being snowed in for four days during the Beast from the East. Finally made it to Tesco to find nothing to buy. Luckily I took my camera with me. Wonder why it’s being used in mid Summer?! Six sales popped in yesterday,  but should be more to come today. Looking like my best month.

tesco-haddington-east-lothian-scotland-u

28 minutes ago, kay said:

I really like this too Matt - lovely atmosphere :)  I'd be hopeful for it selling a lot. Looking at the Veuve Clicquot straw tote and Moet bottles that's one expensive drinks gathering!   Hope you don't mind me saying but it might be worth adding tags to really reflect that - "champagne picnic" etc

Ditto, like it a lot. But I am wondering whether you set it up, or just happened to be passing?

Archived