Favourite Photos in July

Sally

I thought I would start a new thread for favourite images taken this month. I’ll kick off with a couple from a glorious Scottish weekend  (Live News photos).

Jousting and all things Medieval at Linlithgow Palace 

jousting-at-linlithgow-palace-linlithgow

jousting-at-linlithgow-palace-linlithgow

Edinburgh Ironman 70.3

edinburgh-ironman-703-byres-hill-east-lo

1 hour ago, Sally said:

I thought I would start a new thread for favourite images taken this month. I’ll kick off with a couple from a glorious Scottish weekend  (Live News photos).

Edinburgh Ironman 70.3

edinburgh-ironman-703-byres-hill-east-lo

Ironman?  Looks like a lady to me.

Allan

57 minutes ago, Bill Brooks said:

I carry a Sony RX100 for the days I am not taking images, and then clear off the chip every few months. Here is one shot in March and submitted in July.

p6nfpt.jpg

I had to type in the image reference number to read your caption just to find out what it was I was looking at!

4 hours ago, Lisa said:

Reflections of KarlsKirche (Saint Charles Church) at Karlzplatz in Vienna, Austria

Have you been inside? Taken the lift?

When I was there in April, unfortunately there was no water yet.

wim

On 7/4/2018 at 02:43, gvallee said:

Taken a few hours before we totalled the car in a river... :wub:

P6X89M.jpg

Oh my! Was that on OTT?

Do you have pictures? Not that it will recoup the Nissan.

wim

edit: OTT, where it says on the map dangerous crossing - not recommended?

17 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Oh my! Was that on OTT?

Do you have pictures? Not that it will recoup the Nissan.

wim

edit: OTT, where it says on the map dangerous crossing - not recommended?

Twas on the OTT alright. I will upload the pix next week and let you know when up.

Not recommended? OTT is a gigantic playground, the Mecca of 4x4 off-road driving. It's not a track you use to go somewhere. It has several routes and numerous creek crossings of various difficulty. There are numerous videos of successes/failures on YouTube. It's closed during the Wet but had just re-opened two weeks prior to my trip, so the creeks were not in flood.

The most famous difficult crossing is the Gunshot ($7,000 to be towed out)

That's the creek where I got bogged, Scrubby Creek. You might be surprised to hear that it's a gazetted road (crucial for my insurance).

I had a GoPro attached to the number plate in front. The resulting video is hilarious. Big bubbles, under water, just above, more bubbles.. Something has to be said for the GoPro Hero 6. It stayed about 40mn under water without a waterproof case (not needed up to 5m deep). Can't say the same about the car. Water rose inside to seats level and went into the electronics. CB died first with hilarious agony sounds.

Of course, the first thing I thought about was Save the cameras! The two gear bags went out first through the back window. Then it was a case of me diving into the muddy water at the back to attach the snatch straps. Prior to entering the creek, I had done the mandatory reccie on foot. There were ominous bubbles and circles in the water but my other half insisted there were no crocs there, so I went. Talking about blind faith...

Gen

Wimbledon Tennis Street Party -

Bath, United Kingdom 6th July 2018 The people of Bath viewing Wimbledon tennis matches on a large screen in the middle of the city on artificial grass. 

wimbledon-tennis-street-party-bath-unite

UK Weather -

Bath, England 7th July 2018 Two young women visiting from Brittany enjoying a sunny warm day in front of the Royal Crescent in Bath, where temperatures are predicted to reach 29 degrees.

N00T52.jpg

Archived