geogphotos

Another Plant ID please

Recommended Posts

On the Suffolk coast, vegetated shingle. 

 

Many thanks for having a look

 

I0000MBH3gTk42Ug.jpg

 

I0000Nkkudss8Bac.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I0000MKlWYj3pOzw.jpg

 

I0000OIwHe6hoH6E.jpg

Edited by geogphotos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second two look like Helichrysum italicum, Curry Plant, grown as a herb in the uk but Mediterranean in origin. There are other Helichrysums on the page with cudweeds in Collins but the ones which look similar aren't uk either. (and are smaller i think) Could be an escape, naturalisation or natural colonisation from continent (climate change??) depending on species. I said "look like" - this is not a positive id, just a clue perhaps! The first 2 pics look quite different....

 

Cheers, Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they must be garden escapees. 

 

I'll keep an eye on them as they should be in flower soon.

 

Thanks Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Smell them! The leaves are pungent on the italicum. Used as a flavouring as you would Bay but with curry flavour.

Interesting if they've seeded innto shingle, they don't spread on welsh clay but not surprising coming from the med...

 

Cheers

Edited by Keith Burdett
added text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got another one:) 

 

 

 I did smell this - sweet and pleasant. Had a nice little rest amongst this lot so please don't tell me they cause lurgy!

 

I00001UtRoJSUF.4.jpg

 

I0000bF0AvGdco48.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Keith :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few new images of Irises of different purple shade, but would appreciate knowing the varieties if possible.

i think this might be beardless Iris, Iris Limniris, but would like to confirm. No idea about the others

close-up-colourful-purple-iris-flower-be

 

close-up-of-colourful-blue-iris-flower-d

 

close-up-of-colourful-light-purple-iris-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/06/2018 at 09:59, Sally said:

I have a few new images of Irises of different purple shade, but would appreciate knowing the varieties if possible.

i think this might be beardless Iris, Iris Limniris, but would like to confirm. No idea about the others

close-up-colourful-purple-iris-flower-be

 

close-up-of-colourful-blue-iris-flower-d

 

close-up-of-colourful-light-purple-iris-

Just bumping this up in the hope that there is an Iris expert around :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#1 and #3 are both Iris sibirica varieties.  Can't tell you the cultivars - there are a lot of different ones including many unnamed seedlings

#2 is a tall bearded iris hybrid.  Again the cultivar is one I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Richmond said:

#1 and #3 are both Iris sibirica varieties.  Can't tell you the cultivars - there are a lot of different ones including many unnamed seedlings

#2 is a tall bearded iris hybrid.  Again the cultivar is one I don't know.

That will do, thank you very much indeed. To be honest, I am surprised I sell any flower images at all, but have done reasonably well with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2018 at 19:20, geogphotos said:

Got another one:) 

 

 

 I did smell this - sweet and pleasant. Had a nice little rest amongst this lot so please don't tell me they cause lurgy!

 

I00001UtRoJSUF.4.jpg

 

I0000bF0AvGdco48.jpg

 

 

Oh dear. I once photographed some yellow flowers in a field and discovered a naked man sunbathing in between. He insisted I took a picture of his behind.

By any chance ... geogphotos ... was it, perhaps, you? :D

Edited by vpics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vpics said:

Oh dear. I once photographed some yellow flowers in a field and discovered a naked man sunbathing in between. He insisted I took a picture of his behind.

By any chance ... geogphotos ... was it, perhaps, you? :D

 

My rates are very reasonable :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always wondered who that woman was.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I always wondered who that woman was.......

 

Stokie, darling, finally ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/06/2018 at 20:16, vpics said:

 

Stokie, darling, finally ...

 

 

It's a good job it was only a pic of my behind.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now