Is AIM broken....AGAIN?

I thought it was me or my computer malfunctioning but I also have found that in the past 2 weeks I start an upload and then have to abandon it because it is frozen half way on the first or second image.

Tried a couple of times this morning to upload via the Web Interface. It just stuck after uploading one image. I switched to using FTP. The files uploaded OK but 30 minutes later they're not yet visible as 'Image in QC' in the Image Manager. 

On 6/8/2018 at 10:54, Joseph Clemson said:

Uploaded 19 images via web interface at 8am, UK time. No problem in uploading at all and now showing as waiting QC. If there is a problem, I'm not experiencing it.

Uploaded 16 Friday also, whats the usual length of time for QC? Do they work weekends? 

15 minutes ago, Cecile Marion said:

No, they don’t work weekends. Most likely your submission will be handled today or tomorrow. 

Ah thats good to know, i’m like a child waiting for the sweet shop to open 😊

I uploaded 4 images this afternoon.  They appeared as rejected (in red) because, I think, of the internet connection being interrupted.  So I successfully uploaded them

again and they appeared in processing only to disappear when I just checked.  

Straaange!:huh:

4 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

I uploaded a batch the usual way and they didn't appear. I waited a while then FTPed them. Now the original upload has surface but the FTP lot still aren't showing, about 30 min on. Oh well

thanks for reporting this Phil... 

I had the opposite problem yesterday, although this may well have been a local/regional issue. Two sets of news images didn't go through when filed via ftp (afternoon and eve, similar sized sets went through to another news pic agency  shortly before the alamy upload). They then did go through on the old-fashioned web uploader.  Shit happens I guess, hope all well again now, not tried today.

14 minutes ago, MandyD said:

mine uploaded about 3 hours ago, but still stuck in processing.

and 14 minutes later....showing in QC...so all good here.

Regular upload (not FTP) getting stuck at about 20% on first image. Normally they fly through in seconds. Tried a different first image, same problem. Restarted browser (Chrome) same problem. Tried upload speed checker, got 9Mbps so no problem with Wi-Fi and internet connection. Gave up will try again tomorrow.

Mark

Update: Working fine this morning (16 Jun 8.00am)

Edited by M.Chapman

11 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Tried upload speed checker, got 9Mbps so no problem with Wi-Fi and internet connection. 

Oh how I wish....  mine is 0.8 and despite the Scottish Government’s commitment to getting super fast broadband to every household by 2020, it’s not going to happen here. I had my first experience of it while staying in Liverpool earlier this week in an apartment. I couldn’t believe the speed! 

12 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Tried upload speed checker, got 9Mbps so no problem

Like Sally, me too. Here, on a good day, with the wind behind, the sail up and good head of steam, I get about 4mb down and 0.4mb up. But, I worked out a really good way to get round it:

Get files ready for upload at 5.55pm

Sign in to Alamy and start upload

Go to pub for a couple of pints

When I come back, they've uploaded. Works every time. Biggest batch I've uploaded though is only 10 pics, probably just as well as any more could result in me not being seen alive, or sober, for quite a while :D

I haven't managed to get a batch to upload in one go for some time. Yesterday managed about 75% of the first attempt, then about 30% of the second try

before it seizes up.

Not large batches either, generally 10-30 images.