geogphotos

Help with Vuescan please

I have started up my old Minolta Dimage Multi-Pro to scan some 6x6 Velvia slides.

The problem I am having is that the scan is not doing the whole frame instead of coming out square it is scanning as a landscape with the sky cut off (5284 x 3614)

I am using Vuescan and can't see where and how to change the scan size settings.

Any ideas please?

Input tab ok?

Output tab ok?

Crop tab ok?

Manual here.

Sorry, scanner not connected at the moment, besides it's a Nikon.

wim

Thanks Wim, will have to settle down to a long reading session! 

I recently sold my Minolta Dimage Multi-Pro as I had scanned my back-catalogue. I did, occasionally , experience this same issue. I wasn”t using Vuescan, I used the Minolta Scanmaker Pro software which came with the scanner. I don’t know what the issue was however it was always sorted by switching everything off then re-booting, making sure the scanner was switched on first. Can’t give you a technical solution, but this always worked

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Malcolm Park said:

I recently sold my Minolta Dimage Multi-Pro as I had scanned my back-catalogue. I did, occasionally , experience this same issue. I wasn”t using Vuescan, I used the Minolta Scanmaker Pro software which came with the scanner. I don’t know what the issue was however it was always sorted by switching everything off then re-booting, making sure the scanner was switched on first. Can’t give you a technical solution, but this always worked

Thanks Malcolm. It seems to have resolved itself now! Just a tiny sliver cut off the bottom of the frame but film rebate on the other three sides.

I couldn't get the original Image software to work on my Mac so had no choice but to buy Vuescan.

I'm finding it quite nostalgic hearing the scanner whirring away :D

I've been meaning to use my Mamiya 6 for ages and am all ready to go now. The ones I'm scanning have been in the fridge for a decade and I only just had them processed. 

Edited by geogphotos