Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have uploaded 107 photos so far, and it says they are "Not for sale"!! How do I change it so they go on sale? Do Alamy do that for me? Thanks for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to add a caption and at least 5 tags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you submitted  your first three images for your initial assessment by Alamy QC? Until the first three have passed you can proceed no further. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You need to add a caption and at least 5 tags.

 

Plus other essential information such as people, property etc.

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

 

Plus other essential information such as people, property etc.

 

Alan

Yes but their absence no longer prevents an image going on sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 09:35, spacecadet said:

Yes but their absence no longer prevents an image going on sale.

 

Oh, I didn't know that. I'm rather surprised actually.

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

 

Oh, I didn't know that. I'm rather surprised actually.

 

Alan

Yes, it's under "optional".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we seem to be getting more than a few posts from newcomers who clearly have not paid any attention to the requirements. We all recognise the " never mind the manual, let's just wing it" approach to things, but it just isn't going to work out when it comes to joining Alamy.

 

If you haven't uploaded the first assessment batch of 3 successfully, you simply  can not have uploaded 107 images so far as you state above

Edited by Robert M Estall
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

we seem to be getting more than a few posts from newcomers who clearly have not paid any attention to the requirements. We all recognise the " never mind the manual, let's just wing it" approach to things, but it just isn't going to work out when it comes to joining Alamy.

 

If you haven't uploaded the first assessment batch of 3 successfully, you simply  can not have uploaded 107 images so far as you state above

 

I am assuming her initial three passed and then she uploaded another 104, but has not properly captioned or tagged any of them.

 

As Mark said, all you have to do to get them on sale is add a caption and 5 tags.  But if you want them to actually sell, you need it to b be a comprehensive caption and up to 50 relevant tags.  Do fill in the optional section regarding people, etc.

 

Jill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

we seem to be getting more than a few posts from newcomers who clearly have not paid any attention to the requirements.

 

... and I have to confess more than a little irritating when they do not come to back to the forum and reply to the help offered after asking for assistance!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt Limb said:

 

... and I have to confess more than a little irritating when they do not come to back to the forum and reply to the help offered after asking for assistance!

 

 

 

 

 

And then start insulting us because they don't like the answers. I am not always eager these days to help someone new.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, NYCat said:

 

And then start insulting us because they don't like the answers. I am not always eager these days to help someone new.

 

Paulette

Those two were canned by Alamy, thankfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.