Slow/disappointing month

17 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I'm reduced to hoping for a slightly damp pavement. Is there an incantation which will appease the great divine entity, Alamy search engine development?

I am considering this my building base year, so not expecting much in the way of sales, but so far I have 3....I have upload targets, but that's it....225 in and approved already this week...I need a life or something.

2 hours ago, MandyD said:

I am considering this my building base year, so not expecting much in the way of sales, but so far I have 3....I have upload targets, but that's it....225 in and approved already this week...I need a life or something.

"Build it and they will come [eventually]."

I'd say that three is pretty good. It's rough these days.

The good news is that there are now loads more opportunities for licensing images than there used to be.

6 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

"Build it and they will come [eventually]."

I'd say that three is pretty good. It's rough these days.

The good news is that there are now loads more opportunities for licensing images than there used to be.

lol yes...that is the plan. I think of this as an investment...work now, money later. I have dabbled in some microstock before but found I hated shooting it, this suits me better. I still have tons of photos in my archives that will work here, so just a matter of getting them up.

After a reasonable May, June is dead. Very disappointing considering I uploaded a fair mount of high profile entertainment news feed items, of which just one has sold very cheaply.

16 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

I seem to recall one of the most prolific live news photographers on alamy advising you to move on to the next article, did you heed his advise.

Yes and covered some more events/celebs that haven’t sold. It all just goes into a huge black hole here. 

Well, after a couple of very good months, the fairground-style of Alamy sales (swings and roundabouts) bites back.  Halfway through the month and only one sale and (currently) my worst CTR ever! Seriously, if it gets any lower, it'll be underground!  Sales (or lack therof) is a little worrying.  Time to get my *** into gear and start uploading again! :o

27 minutes ago, Marb said:

Clicks are down, sales are non existent but uploads have increased. I just give up with this place. Utterly demotivating indeed Colblimp.

I'm not giving up, Ian, I've too much time invested into Alamy for that, but something has to change soon.  We're not the only ones in this situation, so keep your chin up and keep uploading!

So far this month, nada

I usually average about 1 per month here, so there's still time left. Not worried about it

It's a beautiful morning outside, deer in the backyard (yes I shot it).:D

Cheers everyone

Rick

42 minutes ago, Rico said:

So far this month, nada

I usually average about 1 per month here, so there's still time left. Not worried about it

It's a beautiful morning outside, deer in the backyard (yes I shot it).:D

Cheers everyone

Rick

with a camera I hope...

9 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

A deer in the backyard! That's wonderful. Ah . . . I saw a dog yesterday. 

The weird part is that I'm only about 2 km away from the downtown area.

And, she just had a newborn a few days ago

Archived