geogphotos

My website is locked

Posted (edited)

My geographyphotos.com website is locked. I think because my details on the register have not been updated - checking Whois I see that my contact details including email is out of date. So I would not have received any warning emails! I set up my domain years ago back in 2003 with Yahoo Small Business because to start with I used their Sitebuilder tools. I haven't logged into Yahoo for 10 years or more. Apparently I can only fix the website problem through Yahoo but I can't log in, their recovery system is driving me crazy, I can't find a UK support number ( or more accurately the one I found was no good and after telling me that they were Yahoo support told me to contact yahoo directly). 

Does anybody know how to contact Help at Yahoo by phone in UK?

Edit) have emailed

Edited by geogphotos

Thanks Mal, 

Perhaps I used the wrong terminology. Its something called 'ClientHold'

I0000zuLX_66vaSQ.jpg

I came across this old post which seems to sum things up accurately.

They don't want to talk to you. You can contact them on line, they will respond if they want to. I have been using their business service to keep my domain with them for years. A few years back, I tried to transfer out the domain from them to a new service provider. But I didn't eventually because I could not find a person, or anything, to get an "authorization number" to allow my new service provider to transfer my domain. So I stayed.  

I just got an email from Yahoo, listing these dozen of things I need to do in order to keep my domain, now that they are Luminate. Confused and not wanting to deal with them, I spent almost 3 hours just now to try to find a link or a contact number so I can get an "authorization number" to transfer out to someone else. And I failed. I don't think they want to talk to anyone at all. They just want to keep on charging. 

Posted (edited)

In order to keep response times low, we don't publish our Customer Care contact information externally.

Current Yahoo Small Business hosted customers can always contact Customer Care from our Contact Support page. Make sure you're signed in with the login email ID associated with your Yahoo Small Business service. Once you select a topic with which you need help, you'll find options to get in touch with us 24/7 via online tickets, phone, and chat, depending on your subscription(s) and the topic selections you make.

But I CANT LOGIN!! That's what I need help with :(

Edited by geogphotos

18 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

But I CANT LOGIN!! That's what I need help with :(

Made me laugh.. I shouldn't laugh but I do feel your pain. I've experienced such chicken and egg problems before so you have my sympathies!

5 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Made me laugh.. I shouldn't laugh but I do feel your pain. I've experienced such chicken and egg problems before so you have my sympathies!

Yeah I know what you mean. From time to time I get stuck in one of these seemingly endless loops. But today takes the biscuit. 

It is actually very sobering to have an experience such as this. Dead links, phones that just ring and ring or are no longer even connected, emails that bounce or are just ignored. First it happened to my email ( which I paid a subscription for). I even sat down and wrote them a letter :(. That must have given somebody a good laugh!

They kept taking the money long even after the service stopped working, stopped redirecting mail. And then the gradual consequences of one broken hub in the network. That email address was my identity so no how do I prove who I am? Stopped receiving messages so now my website is down and I can't log in anywhere for which I used that email address! Password reminders won't work because I haven't got the email! It seems to spiral.

Imagine this happening to your bank, the site where you have your investments, where you have all your digital assets?  Scary how  much we rely on this strange digital cloud world over which we actually have such little control. It is all fine and dandy as long as it works but then...

Edited by geogphotos
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

Ian, I went to this page:  https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/article/SLN29005

Down the page they provide this number if you aren't receiving email:  1 -866-434-9017

Jill

Yes, Jill. I suppose I will have to make a transatlantic call and spend 30 minutes on hold. But kind of you to look for me and much appreciated.

I had that early this morning trying to get somebody at GoDaddy in UK ( where I am also having log in problems for the same reason). All I had was recorded message from some super-excited American woman hyperventilating about how eager they were to meet my needs and even surpass my expectations. But after 20 minutes nobody answered. I phoned last night and after eventually getting through all the blather was told that there was a 15 minute queue but how excited they all were about my call.

If truth be told my expectations remain unsurpassed. 

Edited by geogphotos

1 minute ago, geogphotos said:

Yes, Jill. I suppose I will have to make a transatlantic call and spend 30 minutes on hold. But kind of you to look for me and much appreciated.

I had that early this morning trying to get somebody at GoDaddy in UK ( where I am also having log in problems for the same reason). All I had was recorded message from some super-excited American woman hyperventilating about how eager they were to meet my needs and even surpass my expectations. But after 20 minutes nobody answered. I phoned last night and after eventually getting through all the blather was told that there was a 15 minute queue but how excited they all were about my call.

If truth be told my expectations remain unsurpassed. 

Sorry there wasn't a UK number.

I have had superb service from my webhost (Justhost owned by Bluehost).  Rarely have to wait to long and many an issue has been resolved on live chat.  I would recommend them to anyone.

Jill

19 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

Sorry there wasn't a UK number.

I have had superb service from my webhost (Justhost owned by Bluehost).  Rarely have to wait to long and many an issue has been resolved on live chat.  I would recommend them to anyone.

Jill

Me too! Yes, excellent service is offered when companies are keen to pick up new customers. Not such good service after they have their customers and decide that it is more profitable to cut costs. Then the point comes where they want to get rid of customers but will carry on accepting payments through inertia. The same old story over and over. So, GoDaddy do no doubt, as advertised, offer a 24 hour telephone service ( no emailing ) but when I phoned at 6.30am hoping that it would be quiet there was probably just one person in their jim-jams more interested in eating their cornflakes than speaking to whiney customers. So I am left listening to Ms Super-Excited jumping around about how thrilled they all are to hear from me.

I really am grateful to you Jill. It's very kind of you. 

Anyway, I have survived so far without a website and so has the world......it seems. :D

Edited by geogphotos