The size of your portfolio when you made your first sale

I'm curious about just how large different contributors' ports were when they made their first sales on Alamy. I keep hearing that you need a huge number of images before you can make any sales on this platform. And I guess that's mostly true. For me, I had accumulated 113 photos after several months when I made my first sale here. 

You cannot really compare. But I may have had about the same number of images on Alamy at the time - in January 2010. An editorial image of a demonstration at the UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen December 2009. Magazine, print only, duration  one month. The total number of images on Alamy was a fraction - and the contributor percentage was 60% of $245 - which was closer to an average price than a high price at the time.

I'm still relatively new here.

I started uploading in July 2016 and had my first sale with around 200 images in my portfolio in January 2017. It was for a nice $120 and was a good motivator to continue. :)

From memory I think I had 60 photos up for sale, but it took a while, about a year, after joining.

From the database, my first 4 sales were for $42,  $320,  $400,  $341 - those were the days!

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

First sale in Sept 2008 with 266 images uploaded from Jan 2007 - so 19 months until my first sale!!!

John.

I can beat that John, it was 26 months to my first sale from joining.:wacko:

Allan

Archived