4 hours ago, lisah2006 said:

I just made $2 off a photo. Argh! I'm so tired of stock photography. It's a huge waste of my time.

My average price per sale this year is currently $29.00, lower than last year ($40.00), but still worthwhile...

:)

I tend to look at just two things now.

Average sale price currently $28

Plus end of year gross income.

What comes in comes in for me.

All on top of other photog projects.

6 hours ago, lisah2006 said:

I just made $2 off a photo. Argh! I'm so tired of stock photography. It's a huge waste of my time.

Are you opted in to novel use?

Our average sale price for 1 year is $44 but by mistake we had one novel use sale for $2+ (we’re opted out)

Moaning and stating the low prices doesn't help - if anything only worsen.

Accept the good times are up and find something else to do if not satisfactory.

That also goes for myself. Life can be too short.

I agree, Mark. I'm reluctant to state any specific numbers in a public forum like this one. Perhaps some contributors don't know that anyone can drop in a read the posts here? And I see that posts get picked up by Twitter now. 

6 hours ago, lisah2006 said:

I disagree it's not a waste of time, it depends how you spend your time and what on.

Craig.

And I sold one last month for $330. Low prices happen. And yes, be aware that this is an open forum and buyers can come here and see these low prices. The buyers already have most of the bargaining chips, no sense to give them any more. 

11 hours ago, lisah2006 said:

So, I wonder why you're still here

I too balk when I see these kind of prices. But its the same or worse everywhere, and its going to get worse on the whole. 

One must always remember the only qualification to entry into being a contributor, virtually anywhere, these days is to go down the local mall and buy a camera - and cameras are getting better and cheaper by the day. Its an industry whose future belongs to aggregators not contributors.

I, personally, stay "in" because photography is my hobby.

Although there is the odd low price sale, I still find generally sale prices are all right and some decent ones still drop in.  My last was $150 so that made me happy.  Don't get those $180 text book sales anymore, but such is life in the digital age.

Jill

On 5/10/2018 at 03:36, lisah2006 said:

I get those too sometimes.

Yesterday I sold three - $59, $118, $160. 

It's not a total waste of time.

On 5/10/2018 at 09:03, Colin Woods said:

And I sold one last month for $330. Low prices happen. And yes, be aware that this is an open forum and buyers can come here and see these low prices. The buyers already have most of the bargaining chips, no sense to give them any more. 

Ah! Good point! I'll be aware!

13 hours ago, lisah2006 said:

So, I wonder why you're still here

13 hours ago, lisah2006 said:

Because I like to learn how to be polite from people like you? ;) 

Here here my friend. There are far too many condescending, patronising and gratuitously rude comments from ill mannered cranky (old men ?) on this forum at times

Archived