JeffGreenberg

if subscription service was introduced...

...what would you want?

It has been stated pricing is a result of not wanting to lose market share.

Some market share is being lost by fact that other agencies offer subscription services...?

If it were introduced here, what would you want?

a. that it be optional, as in, opt in to have one's images included in subscription pool

b. that it be tiered, say buyers paying $250/yr or $500/yr or $1K/yr or $2K/yr & contribs who "opt in"

choose at what tier their images become part of pool which determines their subscription-net$$?

c. ______?

d. ______?

Can I be clear here.

Are you asking if contributors would like to pay a subscription?

Allan

Not contributors, buyers.

7 hours ago, JeffGreenberg said:

...what would you want?

It has been stated pricing is a result of not wanting to lose market share.

Some market share is being lost by fact that other agencies offer subscription services...?

If it were introduced here, what would you want?

a. that it be optional, as in, opt in to have one's images included in subscription pool

b. that it be tiered, say buyers paying $250/yr or $500/yr or $1K/yr or $2K/yr & contribs who "opt in"

choose at what tier their images become part of pool which determines their subscription-net$$?

c. ______?

d. ______?

I don't think Alamy could give us any choice in the matter. For it to work for customers all contributors would have to be opted in and make available the whole pool of images for subscription buyers.

Craig

10 hours ago, JeffGreenberg said:

paying $250/yr or $500/yr or $1K/yr or $2K/yr

A friend of mine does promotional videos, he was asked by a company to supply a video for commercial purposes, he was told that the company had an account with a certain video library and he could use as many clips as he wanted.

The cost per year for as many video clip downloads as he wanted? $150

Your figures are pie in the sky I'm afraid!

5 hours ago, Craig Yates said:

I don't think Alamy could give us any choice in the matter. For it to work for customers all contributors would have to be opted in and make available the whole pool of images for subscription buyers.

NOT TRUE, IMO.

An earlier "Novel Use" was opt-out & therefore a pool of NU images existed.

Current UK-newspaper scheme is opt-out & therefore a pool of UK-newspaper images exist.

There are many other pools: RF, RM, MR, PR, etc., excluded countries, excluded distributor-licensing

I wouldn't be opting into any subscription model. Might make sense for libraries looking for more volume/market share, but bad news for individual contributors 

If I can sell 100 images for 1$ or 1 image for 100$ I would’t mind... but these subscription models certainly don’t guarante more sales... as we can see from other models. With novel use, newspaper scheme and through distributor the only thing I sell are the same amount a month but at (near) microstock prices...

my thought is if a buyer is willing to pay 1$, don’t except him to search on some agencies where photos are priced well abive his budget... if a buyer gets the opportunity to pay less, he will do so...

my two cents ofcourse ;-)

Personally I would like the option to opt out. 

Mainly because I don't think my picture type would do well with volume users and I, personally, would just throw in the upload towel if my pictures were going for cents. 

• Upvote 1