Favourite images uploaded - May 2018

Guest Larbug

Crab Spider (Misumena vatia) waiting on dandelion for an unsuspecting victim to arrive.

Crab Spider (Misumena vatia) waiting for prey on dandelion flower. Tipperary, Ireland Stock Photo

3 hours ago, Larbug said:

Crab Spider (Misumena vatia) waiting on dandelion for an unsuspecting victim to arrive.

Crab Spider (Misumena vatia) waiting for prey on dandelion flower. Tipperary, Ireland Stock Photo

Oooohhh. That is fabulous.

Paulette

20 hours ago, aphperspective said:

This was on a drive around. According to a local i asked some tides the whole beach is bright pink.

pink-sand-in-a-tidal-creek-created-by-red-coloured-algae-growing-in-the-sand-staining-it-red-at-low-tide-MNF1JP.jpg

It might be an idea to put the location in your keywords.

6 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

It might be an idea to put the location in your keywords.

thanks for that advice, missed the obvious, i'm on the case. Never ceases to amaze me help given freely here.

Andy

Guest Larbug
On 5/17/2018 at 22:53, NYCat said:

Oooohhh. That is fabulous.

Paulette

Thank you Paulette

Guest Larbug
59 minutes ago, British Gent said:

That is a beautiful image. Of something quite terrifying.

Thanks..only terrifying if you're an insect caught in its clutches. :)

Taken 9 years ago, but just processed (after I saw a customer search for the same!) and uploaded. A4 pacific Sir Nigel Gresley running through Chester le Street on the east coast main line, UK

ex-lner-a4-steam-locomotive-60007-sir-ni

I went on my annual trip to the Isle of May and Bass Rock nature reserves. The seabirds are a bit behind with egg laying so they are all frantically mating. I saw Arctic terns, Herring Gulls, Guillemots all at it.  Just beginning to upload some of the photos.

a-mating-pair-of-guillemot-seabirds-uria

close-up-of-northern-gannet-morus-bassan

close-up-of-scaly-yellow-webbed-feet-of-

Similar to Sally above, I too was witness to the frantic mating and nest building activities on a recent trip to Lunga, one of the Treshnish Isles on the west coast of Scotland.

Kittiwakes mating

kittiwakes-mating-on-a-cliff-face-MP9YTE

One puffin busy nest building whilst the others stand around chatting! Thought this could be good for a caption competition!

puffins-MPCGFA.jpg

I'm making an effort to take pix of people.

The Great Wheelbarrow Race from Chillagoe to Mareeba, a fundraising event in Far North Queensland, Australia

Go Bush Boys, go!!

MPHA60.jpg

MPHA51.jpg

MPHA2H.jpg

Archived