Favourite images uploaded - May 2018

On 09/05/2018 at 14:53, Matt Ashmore said:

I guess you're going to be busy then. I went to Egypt for my honeymoon a decade ago... if only I knew about stock photography back then!!!

Yes, i'll be busy. i've also got 2,000 images going back to 2016 to get through too!

John.

1 hour ago, Lisa said:

twickenham-9-may-2018-uk-weather-a-sunny

Twickenham 9 May 2018 UK Weather A sunny start to the day with blue skies at Richmond Bridge along the River Thames. 

Lisa.. I see you've crossed the 'big pond' and are using a camera rather than a phone! :-)

Hope you are enjoying your holiday!

Hi Matt-

I’ve been in Richmond for five weeks already. I’m  still iPhone only. Can’t decide what to do for the Royal Wedding. Should I catch an early train and join the crowds or go to my neighborhood street party? I’m waiting to see the weather forecast. 

This chap is 96 years old and was stationed at RAF Drem during World War II. He unveiled a new information board today and it was quite an emotional experience for him. Drem played an important part in the war, inventing the Drem lighting system to allow spitfires to land safely at night, which was adopted by all RAF airfields, and also had the first ‘kill’ of a German Junker plane in the first air raid by German bombers.

drem-scotland-14-may-2018-celebrating-ra

5 hours ago, Lisa said:

Hi Matt-

I’ve been in Richmond for five weeks already. I’m  still iPhone only. Can’t decide what to do for the Royal Wedding. Should I catch an early train and join the crowds or go to my neighborhood street party? I’m waiting to see the weather forecast. 

I just noticed that your image ref didn't start with an 'S' therefore presumably didn't take the S******o route!

I started a separate thread regarding the Royal Wedding. I guess it comes down to whether you want to be in Windsor for the atmosphere or whether you are after stock photos. From a stock photos perspective, you are probably better off joining the street party. If you went to Windsor, you won't get close to the action (so-to-speak) unless you are prepared to stand and wait a long time. But I believe Alexandra Gardens and The Long Walk (two parks in Windsor) will have big screens showing the proceedings and I can imagine there being a fun atmosphere there. Personally although I live close to Windsor, I won't be going there for the day.. I personally prefer the 'street party' option.

Cliche alert! Just discovered a rich source of bluebell shots very close to home and the experience has given me a new-found respect for bluebell photographers. I've never spent so long in Lightroom in my life, trying to tame highlights and tease out shadow detail. The second shot came at the end of two hours traipsing around the beach and dunes near Porthcawl, waiting in vain for the mist to clear. Just as I was getting back to the car and rather despondent I came across a large group of jet-skiers preparing for a day on the water. That provided a nice crop of shots, but turning my back on them gave me my favourite of the day.

the-wenallt-in-spring-an-area-of-ancient

a-child-standing-at-the-waters-edge-on-a

Richmond Upon Thames. UK Weather 8 May 2018 Another warm start to the day at Richmond Upon Thames, with temperatures expected to reach a high of 25 degrees this afternoon.

richmond-upon-thames-uk-weather-8-may-20

4 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Peascod Street in Windsor before the madness of a Royal Wedding:

I toured Windsor Castle and Saint George’s Chapel last Sunday. I checked your photo but I’m not in the crowd. 

I am very lucky to have a Yellow-bellied Sunbird (Cinnyris jugularis) nest in my garden.

Here are Dad (1st pic) and Mum feeding the two chicks.

MN12M9.jpg

MN12M1.jpg

Archived