Images sold in May (one per day per contributor)

Another one from the low amount sales, 1 of 2 from yesterday.

The Students Union building at Keele University Newcastle under Lyme Staffordshire England

the-students-union-building-at-keele-uni

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Entertainment & Leisure
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 April 2018
End: 01 April 2023
Single placement and design, duration in perpetuity

John

6 hours ago, MandyD said:

Continuing with today's event centre theme....not the biggest sale, but have to start somewhere!

scotiabank-saddledome-formerly-the-olymp

Looks like you're flying high though .:D

Congratulations!

Rick 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Looks like you're flying high though .:D

Congratulations!

Rick 

had this in my archives...thinking 2011..shot it from the tower...only 1,367 more files to keytag to be somewhat caught up...:wacko:

17 hours ago, Steve Valentia said:

First drone image to sell and a 3 figure sale from one of 15 weather news sales this month - from the same shoot (mix of camera and drone).

storm.jpg

Great News . Well done do you need a licence to sell images from a drone ?

53 minutes ago, Southpole said:

Great News . Well done do you need a licence to sell images from a drone ?

Thanks Paul. This is a complex question, and the answer varies depending on which country you fly the drone in. It is usually more to do with whether you can fly the drone for commercial purposes, rather than sell the photographs from it.

In the US and UK, you will need a commercial drone license to fly a drone for "work" (that is; you fly expecting a fee for your services), which usually involves undertaking a course.

In Ireland - where I live - all drones should be registered with the IAA, but there is no such thing as a "professional" or "commercial" drone pilot. However, there are restrictions on how and where you can fly the drone. If you want to fly outside of those restrictions (this may be necessary to undertake commercial work) you will need permission from the IAA, who may grant you a license for that flight; and you have to attend a course to be in a position to apply for the license.

Oddly, in the US (not sure about the UK), it is legal to sell images or video taken with a drone used initially for hobby purposes and not for commercial use, after the fact. So, if you fly the drone for fun and then someone wants to buy a photo you took with it, you're not breaking the law.

26 minutes ago, Lori Rider said:

Thank you! I'm way more excited than I should be LOL. Now to sell a few more so I can actually get paid... ;)

It's a good feeling, getting a sale and even better is seeing your images in print. I still get that buzz 35 years or more after my first published image (and I'm now associate editor of a camera magazine).

My best advice, though, is to concentrate on two other S words. Not "sales", but "shooting" and "submissions". Keep taking photographs (with an eye on the content requests and blogs Alamy puts out) and keep submitting them. Don't worry about the sales, the more you shoot and submit, the more you sell. 

1 hour ago, Steve Valentia said:

It's a good feeling, getting a sale and even better is seeing your images in print. I still get that buzz 35 years or more after my first published image (and I'm now associate editor of a camera magazine).

My best advice, though, is to concentrate on two other S words. Not "sales", but "shooting" and "submissions". Keep taking photographs (with an eye on the content requests and blogs Alamy puts out) and keep submitting them. Don't worry about the sales, the more you shoot and submit, the more you sell. 

Thanks, Steve. That's generally what I'm doing--I try to shoot everywhere I go and now I'm shooting with stock in mind too. I have way too many submissions to catch up on keywording, and lots more to submit when I have time. Never enough time for everything I need to do.

44 minutes ago, Lori Rider said:

Thanks, Steve. That's generally what I'm doing--I try to shoot everywhere I go and now I'm shooting with stock in mind too. I have way too many submissions to catch up on keywording, and lots more to submit when I have time. Never enough time for everything I need to do.

Hope I was helpful Lori. Keep up with the key-wording, even at the expense of sending in more images. You may have some great images but if no one can see them; they are of no use to anyone. :)

29 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

Hope I was helpful Lori. Keep up with the key-wording, even at the expense of sending in more images. You may have some great images but if no one can see them; they are of no use to anyone. :)

Yes, that is a good point, and getting farther behind will do me no good! Thanks!

Archived