I assume I'm not the only one who received a survey from Alamy today. It is really a quick and easy one. One question asks how they can improve. I, of course, asked for an improved image manager. I didn't want to go into detail and just said I'd be happy with the old one with larger thumbnails and the ability to batch delete and append keywords. It felt good to be asked. I just hope something will improve. We have been asking for things for the image manager from the beginning and nothing changes. Maybe now?

Paulette

Isn't this thread a bit like witness tampering?

;-)

Agree on the usual suspect.

How about unauthorised use?

btw - Thank you for asking us, Alamy!

However it's about what comes next isn't it?

wim

37 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Isn't this thread a bit like witness tampering?

;-)

Agree on the usual suspect.

How about unauthorised use?

btw - Thank you for asking us, Alamy!

However it's about what comes next isn't it?

wim

Yes, I put the unauthorised use thing, whereby currently it's pays to not declare usages. Insane policy.

And yes, it's all about what comes next. The other place I have images (G) puts out these surveys regularly, but things just keep getting worse for contributors there.

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Improvements:

* some exciting new initiatives

* some rewards/incentives for loyal, successful contributors ( I did not offer definitions)

Just a bit tongue in cheek, I had thought it might be fun to have our own bronze, silver, gold, even platinum 'badges' for having ticked off a number of achievements, for example:

Bronze - fufill all of the following:

Sold 5 images

Made a $20+ sale

Had 15 zooms

Silver - fufill all of the following:

Sold 20 images

Made a $50+ sale

Had 30 zooms

Gold - fufill all of the following:

Sold 50+ images

Made a $100+ sale

Had 60 zooms

Featured in Alamy Content or News twitter

Platinum - fufill all of the following:

Sold 100 images

Made a $200+ sale

Had 150 zooms

Featured in Alamy Content or News Twitter 3+ times

Featured in Alamy POTW

You get the idea - no idea what the range of these things is, however, in order to set appropriate criteria.  There are probably other things I haven't thought about that could be added. Might provide some motivation.

1 minute ago, funkyworm said:

Maybe our spam filter may have kicked in.

I checked my Junk Mail box but it's not there either. I did get a Payment Notice from Alamy this morning so at least that's coming through.

This isn't the first time I've missed a survey from Alamy. Maybe it was only sent to people who've contacted CS in the past few months?

If I had received it I'd say work out all the little bugs. Resolve the login issues and figure out why we get logged out and back into the forum.

Interact with contributors more often on the forums. Give us a bit more feedback on subjects that confuse people.

Use stickies on the forum for most often asked questions or add a FAQ for new contributors.

EDIT: Last but not least, figure out why some of us don't receive these surveys or various updates.

1 hour ago, fotoDogue said:

I checked my Junk Mail box but it's not there either. I did get a Payment Notice from Alamy this morning so at least that's coming through.

This isn't the first time I've missed a survey from Alamy. Maybe it was only sent to people who've contacted CS in the past few months?

I got it and have never contacted CS.

I just tried to fill in the survey but failed.  I was filling in the suggestion field, when I tried for a carriage return to get to the next line, and bingo, my one sentence and the whole submission was sent!  I'm going with sour grapes: they probably wouldn't care what I say anyway.

15 hours ago, Reimar said:

I just tried to fill in the survey but failed.  I was filling in the suggestion field, when I tried for a carriage return to get to the next line, and bingo, my one sentence and the whole submission was sent!  I'm going with sour grapes: they probably wouldn't care what I say anyway.

We care! ;):)

16 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

More sales to compensate for lower prices.

Any sales would be a help.:angry:

Allan

I suggested that they stop removing images as soon as someone kicks up (graffiti etc etc etc)... I should have added the policing of obvious “blatant” use of the lower price licenses..... (personal use etc).... 

Archived